Talk

Advanced search

Brighton! Tomorrow! DSs 8 and 10! What to do!

(9 Posts)
faraday Mon 24-Aug-09 20:03:45

I personally want to visit the Pavilion. We will be equipped for some sand sitting, maybe a Pier visit (do they have 1p and 2p penny falls?!- I have a stash of same!). Lunch wherever (Carluccios maybe?).

A wander around The Lanes, avoid the aquarium (will do the one in London v. soon and DSs are Australian thus sneer at anything less than the Great Barrier Reef)- but museums? We like a good museum!

Where is the park with the paddling pool? I know my 2 are getting on a bit for paddling but I think they'd like it all the same, GBR notwithstanding!

And thoughts or advice gratefully received!

Sparkletastic Mon 24-Aug-09 20:08:32

Good luck on finding some sand..... They have the coin fall games but have probably upgraded them to silver what with the recession grin

Carluccios is good for lunch or one of the cheapy Brighton Italians - Pinocchios etc.

Brighton Museum is good (and still free AFAIK) - eclectic mix of stuff.

Are you thinking of the paddling pool down at the Hove end of Western Road? Might be a better bet than the beach as enclosed and less foreign students snogging local oiks.

dietstartstomorrow Mon 24-Aug-09 20:13:22

Yes do avoid the Sea Life centre - the Brighton one is rubbish.

The park near Hove end has a paddling pool, and it's nice. The park by the Marina would be no good for your 2 - better for younger ones.

I normally end up in the lego shop whenever we visit Brighton!

faraday Mon 24-Aug-09 20:15:34

Maybe I should have said 'pebble balancing' not sand sitting!!

And it's 'Laines', not 'Lanes', isn't it??

What do we think about the Toy Museum under (?) the railway station?

Presumable that's different from the ACTUAL museum?

Wonderstuff Mon 24-Aug-09 20:19:29

North Laines different from The Lanes

Wonderstuff Mon 24-Aug-09 20:21:16

Laines studenty funky independent shops, lanes lots of jewellery shops in tiny roads near to beach, both worth a wander

changer22 Mon 24-Aug-09 21:24:28

The paddling pool in Pirates Playground (near the West Pier) is great fun. Enclosed, clean and not too far from the shops.

faraday Wed 26-Aug-09 18:11:41

OK!

Had a fab day:

The Toy Museum was OK- perhpas a BIT model railwy heavy but no matter, £12 for a family of 4.

A wander through The Laines for a coffee, bead shopping (me), with a look at a bonsai shop (where but in Brighton?) and the DSs enjoying retro shops; thence onto The Pavilion which was a huge hit! They have those hand held guides that a bloke programs for you according to language and they had a kids version which kept my two enthralled for the whole tour.

Lunch a non-adventurous Subway.

Then the Pier, £2 on the penny falls, but otherwise just observation: I don't pay £6 for a 6 minute go on the dodgems! The trampoline/bungee things on the beach (£5) might have been an idea, however!

A walk along The Arches, then Moshi Moshi for sushi on the conveyor belt + some off the menu- not cheap (which Japanese IS?) but the bill did include £12 of drinks but was £56 for the 4 of us.

I kept telling the DSs how much FUN it'd be to live in Brighton once they're 23! I used to go down from London in my early 20s when I live din London and always had fun!

All recommended.

Mariedes Tue 01-Sep-09 16:18:51

Hello,

For future days out in Brighton this site lists places where to go with the kids: www.brightonbabies.net
It has an interactive map displaying playgrounds, cafes, parks etc...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: