Talk

Advanced search

Gulliver's Kindgom, Matlock Bath

(23 Posts)
Hulababy Sun 29-May-05 19:19:05

Here

Has anyone been?

What did you think?

DD is 3yo, but as over 90cm will be full price. Does this allow her on most of the rides? Anyone know of any height restrictions (not on website, looked)?

TIA.

PuffTheMagicDragon Sun 29-May-05 19:24:02

Hula, I've been to the Warrington one (Matlock looks like it has similar things). I took ds1 (nearly 4) and ds2 (23 months) - there was plenty for them and we had a lovely day. I much preferred it to Legoland (which I used to have an annual pass for) - so much more for toddlers.

PuffTheMagicDragon Sun 29-May-05 19:25:10

There were rides which ds1 could not go on, but plenty that both he and ds2 could.

Hulababy Sun 29-May-05 19:26:53

Thanks. Oh, and do adults go on the rides with the children? Just DD tends to like it if the ride is with me or DH (she likes sharing the eperience I think), rather than on her own.

nutcracker Sun 29-May-05 19:35:16

We went last year and it was brilliant. Both dd's went on all the rides that they wanted to go on.

It is very hilly, so a tip is to start at the top and work down.

Another tip is, there is a ride whch I can't remember the name of but it looks like a castle from the outside. Do not bother to queue for that. We queued for ages and ages and it was rubbish.

Other than that it was really good.

PuffTheMagicDragon Sun 29-May-05 19:35:31

I was on my own with my two the day I visited and went on most of the rides with them.

nutcracker Sun 29-May-05 19:36:12

I think that one adult is allowed on each ride.

My dd's mostly went on with each other but I knwo there was a couple that me or dp went on with them.

fairydust Sun 29-May-05 19:44:14

IT'S FAB - my dd loves it there - it is hilly but if i can mange it with a heavy dd in a buggy you'll be fine - best part about it is that if you do finish early there - Matlock bath is a nice to walk along the river.

Hulababy Sun 29-May-05 19:49:18

Think we may well go here

Thanks!

So, anyone got any idea of height restrictions. Which rides can't she go on do you think?

Hulababy Sun 29-May-05 19:50:11

Oh, and anywhere to eat a picnic?

fairydust Sun 29-May-05 19:53:10

i'd say she can go on pretty much everything - gullivers is aimed at younger children - feel sure there is also picnic area's there.

Hulababy Sun 29-May-05 19:55:11

Cheers

She will be so excited if she can go on a roller coaster or two!

katzguk Sun 29-May-05 19:59:02

maybe we should join you!! might send me into labour!

DH and i went a few years ago when we worked at a playscheme, it was great we had a group of 8 4 year olds and they loved it. The starting at the top bit is the best advice. I seem to recall there being a number of places to stop and eat a picnic too.

Hulababy Sun 29-May-05 20:01:10

Thanks Katzguk Would be fab!

Not sure those rollercoasters would be best place to give birth! May lead to alsorts of new names though.

We shuld make a date to all go together once little one is here though - sure the girls would have a great time there together!

fairydust Sun 29-May-05 20:02:09

dd's going there for her school trip - oh and what a shame i have to go with her

katzguk Sun 29-May-05 20:02:55

defineatly, one for the summer hols maybe.

Have just posted on your other thread - what about Chester Zoo?

Hulababy Sun 29-May-05 20:03:26

LOL FD. Maybe we should have a MN meet there one nice warm day.

Hulababy Sun 29-May-05 20:04:36

katzguk - replied toyou there. We always end up at Chester Zoo and fancied a change.

katzguk Sun 29-May-05 20:06:30

just seen it!

might steal some the ideas from your other thread! Need to keep busy!! getting very bored of waiting.

Hulababy Sun 29-May-05 20:07:46

Must be soon Katzguk - please! I am dying to go baby shopping!!! Maybe a rollercoaster would be good...

katzguk Sun 29-May-05 20:10:02

trying to get it all going!! Hopefully will all kick off tonight - that would be great! although thought that last night and the night before and the night before!!!!!!!!!

Hulababy Sun 29-May-05 20:16:31

Fingers crossed! Waiting for that text

Hulababy Mon 30-May-05 20:16:42

Well we did go here today and it was excellent. Thanks for the recommendation Janh.

DD adored it. The only ride she wasn't allowed to go on was the blue roller coaster (have to be 110cm). As she was well over 90cm though, so full price, every other ride was fine for her to go on.

She loved the roller coaster and the log flume, and enjoyed the smaller rides too. Wasn't so keen on the pirate ship though - said it made her tummy feel funny. LOL!

We took a picnic with us. There were loads of places to sit and eat. And when we did want a cup of tea and ice creams, the places didn't seem expensive at all.

Weather was lovely too - really sunny and pretty warm.

It was a full day out too. We got there at 10:15am (opens at 10) and didn't leave until closing time at 5pm. Went on every ride we could, but didn't get chance to do things like the indoor play, soft play or ball pits. Or the adventure golf. Longest queue was about 10 minutes - which was amazing for a bank holiday we thought.

For £8.50 each - it was really well worth every penny

Really recommend it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: