Talk

Advanced search

What can we do around Mablethorpe, Cleethorpes area?

(7 Posts)
mummatoone Sun 23-Aug-09 20:34:12

We have a week booked next week, I think there is a railyway at Cleethorpe we are going to try and Rand Farm at Louth.

What else can we do we have 7 days to fill!!!

skymoo Sun 23-Aug-09 20:47:57

I went there a few years back, there's a lake and some sort of viking museum which is quite interesting and good enough to keep my then 6 y/o happy. There is also a place called discovery world, but not sure what that's like.

This link may be useful to you...have fun!

www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/United_Kingdom/England/Humberside/Cleethorpes-315164/Things_To_ Do-Cleethorpes-BR-1.html

mummatoone Sun 23-Aug-09 21:21:34

many thanks - Anyone been to Healing Manor?

mummatoone Mon 24-Aug-09 20:37:54

anyone else?

doubleexpresso Tue 25-Aug-09 17:02:28

Waltham Windmill (nearish to Grimsby) has a very small railway to ride around for 50p - open Wed pm in school hols,Sunday pm and Bank Holidays. The Windmill is also open, which my children enjoyed. Louth has a lovely place called Hubbards Hill where you can picnic and paddle. Lincoln is worth a visit: boat trips are available, which are fun. There is a Seal Sanctuary at Maplethorpe; I haven't been there for years. The new acquarium at Hull is suppossed to be very good too. Hope you have good holiday.

StayFrostysSister Tue 25-Aug-09 17:06:43

The seal sanctuary is lovely at Mablethorpe. We love the sands at Sutton On Sea and Sandilands near Mablethorpe too, there is a nice paddling pool behing the promenade and loads of free parking.

boneybones Wed 26-Aug-09 21:32:46

thanks will check all these out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now