Talk

Advanced search

Things to do in Cornwall and Devon with small children

(9 Posts)
faeriefruitcake Fri 21-Aug-09 22:55:07

This Summer I took my 2yr old and baby twins to the following places and would recommend them to anyone with little ones. The places aren't large so little legs can get round. The food is OK but you can take your own. There is lots to do and see.

Lappa Valley Newlyn East here Nice food and trains, the 2year old loved this one.

Pennywell Farm here Petting animals, diggers, tractors

Dairy Land here More animals and a brills soft play area, fun food boxes for small people.

Hidden Valley Discovery Park here Just brilliant, trains, mazes and games, although baby changing not so great but clean.

National Marine Aquarium here lots of fish and a play area, food a bit pricey but toilets clean.

Got my twin buggy round no problems and all the staff willing to help and friendly.

Mamulik Sat 22-Aug-09 12:39:57

we went to Pendennis Castle

mummatoone Sun 23-Aug-09 21:47:27

bigbury on sea for a tractor ride when the tides comes in and a drink at the pilchard inn pub on the beach itself

chuckeyegg Tue 25-Aug-09 01:58:18

Here is lovely The monkey sanctuary Looe.

Love it here too, Gweek Seal Sanctuary.

I love Cornwall I've taken down some of your ideas, they look good and as we will be there in Sep might not be beach weather.

MaybeAfterBreakfast Tue 25-Aug-09 14:02:56

chuckeyegg - is the monkey santuary feasible with a pushchair? On their website it says something about the grounds being very steep.

Watching this thread with interest as we're going to be near in Cornwall at the start of Sept. If anyone has any recommendations for southeast Cornwall (Kingsand area) I'd love to hear them.

MaybeAfterBreakfast Tue 25-Aug-09 14:08:58

Places we've enjoyed on previous visits (with one or two small children in tow)include:

Pendennis Castle
Eden Project
Heligan
National Maritime Museum
Goonhilly Earth Station
Fish & chips at the Rick Stein fish & chip shop

Our only disaster has been a tin mine (name escapes me). Really not suitable for younger children.

user1497457566 Wed 14-Jun-17 17:28:28

I've created a page with things to do in Devon and also daily events that I hope you find useful www.whatsonintown.com/things-to-do/devon/

NotYoda Sat 24-Jun-17 23:11:57

I'd add

Paradise Park - really lovely bird park
Flambards theme park - small and charming

NotYoda Sat 24-Jun-17 23:12:31

.... sorry - toe of Cornwall

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now