Talk

Advanced search

Liverpool/Chester and anywhere inbetween etc ideas for day out purleeeeeeeeeeeese!!!!!!!!!!

(11 Posts)
Polgara2 Fri 21-Aug-09 08:25:23

Well doesn't have to be a full day out - couple of hours will do! I have a 12y, 9y, and a disabled 64 y (well she can't do stairs or hills sort of thing) to entertain - help!!!

I would go for a flattish park area if the rain holds off but if it doesn't I need an indoor activity as a plan b and I just can't think of anything. TIA

OmniDroid Fri 21-Aug-09 08:45:07

Ness gardens (Wirral) are lovely - in between Chester and Liverpool.

Polgara2 Fri 21-Aug-09 08:51:30

Would they be boring for the dc tho?

Marrenon Fri 21-Aug-09 08:55:01

crocky trail

OmniDroid Fri 21-Aug-09 09:13:58

Poss not exciting for DCgrin. But my DS loved tearing round them. He was only 2 at the time, mind!

Polgara2 Fri 21-Aug-09 09:22:19

Do they have an OAP section at the crocky trail marrenon grin.

Am currently working out a sun dance so that we can go to a park somewhere.

bramblebooks Fri 21-Aug-09 10:27:29

We take a bag of monkey nuts to the Grosvenor gardens in Chester and hand feed the squirrels. Then it's a short walk to the riverside where we get ice creams, etc. You can get a river boat from there (big one!) for a 'cruise'. A wander round the shops is then only minutes away (including the massive M&s) which 64 year old may like!

Polgara2 Fri 21-Aug-09 18:55:09

Funny you should mention river bramblebooks - we ended up at a water park and went for a swim - at least that's what it felt like grin. I have never seen so much rain in a short space of time and I have never been so wet fully clothed ever. Hmmph

Clure Fri 21-Aug-09 19:10:49

Knowsley safari park (years since I went there - think it still open
Chester zoo

movingnow Fri 21-Aug-09 19:17:36

Not been yet but planning to go next week Spaceport. Alternatives Blue Planet or a bit of retail therapy at Cheshire Oaks

movingnow Fri 21-Aug-09 19:19:06

.....ahhh, just realised you've already been. Oh well, next time perhaps grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now