Talk

Advanced search

Twycross Zoo

(8 Posts)
golds Sat 28-May-05 16:24:23

Has anybody been there ? is it worth the journey, coming from Stafford, we want a day out tomorrow and can't think where to go

Any ideas ? not too far and not too expensive

jampots Sat 28-May-05 16:36:01

went a few years ago Golds - its ok but not a patch on Chester or even Bristol Zoo! Conkers is definitely worth a visit though. How old are your children?

golds Sat 28-May-05 16:49:02

saw Conkers advertised on TV earlier.

Kids are 7 and 5, where abouts is it, didn't take much notice of directions

golds Sat 28-May-05 16:51:40

also need to add, I can't be walking around for hours, after recent op, need somewhere with some benches that they can park me on.

Bonkerz Sat 28-May-05 17:16:18

Go to TWYCROSS all the time and can be a very good day out. The zoo is very well laid out with all animals close together and lots of seats and toliets situated all round the park. I regularly go with 5 under 3s and manage to last all day with no problems. There are 3 cafes (not all open all time though) and a great picnic barn, not to mention the outdoor play area for older children. The fair is good but expensive if you have a few children.
I went in April and it rained for about an hour but that really didnt matter at all.

bayleaf Sat 28-May-05 20:15:35

we went to twycross 2 weeks ago - it's about 45 mins from us and I'd say well worth a drive of that distance - tho rather too many monkeys ad no tigers now which dd was disappointed about!
I have a friend who lives near conkers and raves about it but have never been yet.

lucykatie Sat 28-May-05 20:27:44

i live near to both venues and to be honest they are both great days out.

plenty of seats and tons to do.

limitedsdotcom Tue 07-Jun-05 20:44:34

Superb Orang-Utans at Twycross - they have such characters! We have been there two or three times, and our 3yr old son loves it - first went when he was 18 months I think! Relatively good facilities .... could do with Jamie Oliver advising the cafe perhaps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now