Talk

Advanced search

What to do in North Hampshire ??

(8 Posts)
Scatterbrain Sat 28-May-05 10:24:51

We might be moving to North Hampshire soon and I was just wondering if anyone knew of a publication or website which I could use to find out what goes on there- specially kids activities, schools, nurseries etc ?

I've done a few searches but am not coming up with much !

We're looking at the area between Basingstoke, Alton, Fleet and Yateley.

Thank you !!

Scatterbrain Sat 28-May-05 20:02:28

Just bumping this in case someone might answer !!!

Please don't ignore me coz you think I'm new - I've been here for years and years but just haven't posted in a long while !

Really need some help please ...pretty please......

allatsea Sat 28-May-05 20:28:17

the hampshire cc website is ok
try this
The 'What's on' books are good too. I live in Central Hampshire, but it's not an enormous county!

charellie Sat 28-May-05 20:29:48

I have found the following site very helpful and live in Berkshire.

http://www.childcarelink.gov.uk

You can search for nurseries, schools, creches etc.

mumbojumbo Sat 28-May-05 21:01:07

There is a good indoor soft play area for kids in Farnborough called Wizzy World. They do a toddler session in the mornings, there is a seperate area for under 3's and the food is pretty good. There are also big comfy sofas for the grown ups (and good coffee!).

HTH

Tommy Sat 28-May-05 21:04:01

Also look in The Echo on Fridays - they have loads of activities in their "What's On" section.
I'm in Southampton!

Scatterbrain Sun 29-May-05 11:44:04

Thanks everyone - now why couldn't I find that Hampshire council website !!!!

Looks good - does anyone know if you have a Families magazine for the area ? I can't find any mention of one anywhere ?

Thanks again

thorntons Tue 31-May-05 17:11:32

Hi
I live in Yateley. My munchkin is 17 months old and we have decided on preschools etc. There are lots of nice child friendly places around here. You are spoilt for choice. Examples are Trilakes Animal park/little Angels soft play area 2 mins from Yateley .Finkley Down Farm in Andover is also a great day out. There are numerous mother and toddler groups in Yateley.Preschools are plentiful and of good quality.Yes,there is a fab and free booklet published by the Hampshire children and families forum which details providers of education,days out ,playgrounds etc. I got it from my health visitor,I know Yateley town council also had them.If you would like one ,I can try and get a copy and send it to you.Alternatively tel no of HCFF co-odinator who publishes booklet is 01252 874005.
If you want to contact me re: any more info/recommendations uou are very welcome to me via contact another talker.Hope this helps

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: