Talk

Advanced search

Broadstairs tomorrow with 2 yr old DD

(5 Posts)
ADealingMummy Tue 18-Aug-09 17:57:46

Just wondering if there are any tips on where to park , which beach, and anything else worth knowing.

Thankyou

eandh Tue 18-Aug-09 18:01:05

Broadstairs beach is nice, there are a few car parks around but they do get full quickly (make sure you have change as most only allow a maximum 3 hour stay I think, my Nan lives there so we park at hers and walk to the beach)

Some nice restuarants around beach area and we alweays have to go to morellis ice cream parlour (on the promenade above beach) as its my Nans tradition as used to take us when we were little and insists whatever the weather that my dd's get to have an ice cream there with her every time we visit!

Clure Tue 18-Aug-09 18:14:57

Wow! I too am going to Broadstairs tomorrow! We usually park near the beach front but you have to get there early.
Beach is great for children, nice and sandy and opportunities for rockpooling too.

ADealingMummy Tue 18-Aug-09 19:31:17

Thanks very much for tips.

Makes me chuckle to think there will be another mumsnetter out there.

jeee Tue 18-Aug-09 19:33:26

The glass lift down to the beach is nice, and Broadstairs is lovely. A warning, though, the sea is not that clean and often comes up as low water quality (unless it's been cleaned up recently).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now