Talk

Advanced search

Playground recommendations in London

(7 Posts)
CharlieFairhead Mon 17-Aug-09 21:44:17

My dd aged 9 is over for a fortnight this summer and we have always had a tradition of checking out a new playground together.

She is quite fearless, so we are after something that can offer both a challenge to an older child and where a juvenile father who should know better will not stand out like a sore thumb (bless her, she is still not quite at an age where these things embarrass her).

We live in Bromley, but will gladly travel anywhere in London.

IlanaK Mon 17-Aug-09 21:45:57

What about Holland Park adventure playground? It is a great park as well.

squeaver Mon 17-Aug-09 21:51:30

I've heard good things about the wetlands centre

CybilLiberty Mon 17-Aug-09 21:55:34

What about the 'Go ape' centres. there is one infarnham in Surrey, in Alice Holt woods where you can climb, go on death slides etc. I think you have to book but it looks like a lot of fun

it's a very noisy website so turn your volume down

Bink Mon 17-Aug-09 21:55:41

Presumably you've done the Diana playground in Kensington Gardens? If not, lots of it is aimed at little ones, but she could still climb the ship. Loads of dads there too. Busy (very in summer) & lively - so get there early in the day.

And there's one on Ladbroke Grove - Hornimans Adventure Playground - that my two love (though I've not been there with them) - water features, I seem to remember.

Various things for older children within the whole scene that is Coram's Fields (no grown-ups allowed without a child) near Russell Sq.

EldonAve Mon 17-Aug-09 22:00:50

Battersea Park has an adventure bit

NonGratisAnusDailyMail Mon 17-Aug-09 22:08:18

Peckham Rye Park is fabulous.

Seriously smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now