Talk

Advanced search

Harbour park/Littlehamptom

(9 Posts)
MegGriffin Sat 15-Aug-09 20:16:38

Hello. We are thinking of going to Littlehampton tomorrow for the day and wondered if anyone else has been and if it's any good? The beach looks nice and sandy so should be ok for sand castles and harbour park looks fun. Any info would be great, thanks.

telegramsam Sat 15-Aug-09 21:54:54

Hi Meg. We went to Littlehampton this week and had a lovely day with DS 6yo. The beach was great and in the morning the tide is out so the water is very shallow which DS loved, as he could go right out into the water and it was still only up to his knees. The water was warm! A Bucket and spade is a must. Lots of shells on the beach to collect too. Plenty of places to eat if you're not taking a picnic...we had fish and chips sitting on the beach from the vendor on the prom which was very good. Harbour Park is OK. Usual arcade amusements and rides for little ones. Tokens for the rides can be purchased from the machines within the park....bumper cars, giant slide, trampolines, waltzer etc...depending on how old your DC is. £5 for 10 tokens iirc and the giant slide for example was 3 tokens worth. You can also take a walk along where the River Arun meets the sea (just across the road from the Harbour Park) where you will find fishing boats galore and a boating lake and it is along here that you can go crabbing with a bucket and a crab line...great fun! There is a little Thomas type train that provides rides up and down the prom.

There is a car park right by the Harbour Park. £3.15 for up to 4 hours or £6 odd for over that.

Have a great day and let me know if you need any more info.

lockets Sat 15-Aug-09 22:14:33

Message withdrawn

MegGriffin Sat 15-Aug-09 22:26:09

Hello. Thank you so much for your replies. Did you notice if they sold buckets and spades there? I can't find ours and we haven't been to the beach for ages.
We are really going for the beach but will probably have a look a harbour park. I just want to make sand castles and eat fish and chips. My girls are so excited! Hope the weather is ok tommorrow lockets.

telegramsam Sat 15-Aug-09 22:31:51

Yes you can buy buckets and spades in all shapes and sizes right on the sea front.

MegGriffin Sat 15-Aug-09 22:35:19

Thanks telegramsam. I'm off to bed now. It will be an early start tomorrow with the children saying can we go yet? from the minute we get up.

MegGriffin Sun 16-Aug-09 21:07:33

Hello again. I'm just reporting back on our day out. Well we had a fantastic day. The beach was perfect and dd's and dh went in the sea and had a lovely time. We had fish and chips on the beach, collected shells. DD2 found a tiny crab and held it in her hand. We ate ice cream and made sand castles, perfect. Harbour park was ok but the beach was better. We are already talking of going again soon and investigating around the marina. We all feel we have has a proper day out. Only down side is I have very burnt shins as I stupidly forgot to put cream on my legs. DD has a little burn as well around where her swim suit was at the top of her legs which I feel awful about. Luckily it is not hurting her although I have still put lots of after sun on. Thank you for your helpful comments and lockets I hope your day was also good. smile

lockets Sun 16-Aug-09 21:37:31

Message withdrawn

telegramsam Mon 17-Aug-09 13:34:58

Thanks for the update and glad you all enjoyed yourselves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now