Talk

Advanced search

woburn safari park or whipsnade zoo?

(9 Posts)
jimblejambles Fri 14-Aug-09 19:47:31

Has anyone been to either and could tell me which would be best for my dc (age 5 and 1).

We thought somewhere like this would break the journey and wear the dc out so they will sleep on the way back to Yorkshire.

Thank you

GrapefruitMoon Fri 14-Aug-09 19:50:40

I've been to both - Woburn might be easier with little ones as you can take your car into most of it and the rest is quite a compact area. My youngest was freaked out by the monkeys jumping on the car though!

Whipsnade is probably bigger - I would normally allow a whole day to do it. Even Woburn is not really a place to do in a couple of hours - how long will you have to spend there?

tammybear Fri 14-Aug-09 19:56:26

I love Woburn. Me and DD went there last week. There is a path you can take to avoid the monkeys though which we do becaue I don't really want them walking all over my car grin First time we went we did, and I thought my wing mirror was going to come off and was worried they'd pull my radio antenna off, lol. But everything is quite close to each other like grapefruitmoon said so I think it is ideal for younger ones. Haven't been to Whipsnade since I was little so I couldn't compare the two.

jimblejambles Fri 14-Aug-09 20:15:51

Thats brilliant thank you both.

If we do go to Woburn think we will avoid the monkeys lol.

We are going to be there most of the day so we can drag the last day of our holiday out grin

babypringle Fri 14-Aug-09 20:27:22

Whipsnade is great. They have a train which DS loves, and also a lemur area where the kids can get really close. You can take the car in (at extra cost) or there are double decker buses which go round the park which is good for when DCs get tired of walking.

And there is a three week old baby elephant there, so cute!!

GrapefruitMoon Sat 15-Aug-09 09:20:29

They have a lemur area at Woburn too!

bamboo Sat 15-Aug-09 22:09:02

Went to Woburn recently - was fab.

Try to get hold of some Thorntons moments as you'll be able to get your 5 yr old in for free with vouchers inside.

jimblejambles Sun 16-Aug-09 07:54:57

omg Bamboo thats fantastic.
An excuse to buy chocolate and save money grin
Thank you

kslatts Sun 16-Aug-09 08:48:18

I have been to both and my dd's preferred woburn, although it was a while since we went to whipsnade.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now