Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to the new Sea Life (I think!) London Aquarium?

(10 Posts)
faraday Fri 14-Aug-09 09:15:41

Think it recently fully reopened after a make-over.

Is it any good?

silverfrog Fri 14-Aug-09 09:23:47

watching with interest - we went when it was in the middle of the refit, and there was a lot closed off.

Mind you, having said that, the dds (then 4 and 2) were perfectly happy with what they did see.

we have Merlin passes, so we weren't paying entry on the day - would have been annoyed to pay up and have a lot of it closed.

faraday Sat 15-Aug-09 19:56:57

bump?

kslatts Sun 16-Aug-09 08:51:20

We went last week and it's great, much better since the refit. There is a new part where you can walk over glass and look down at the sharks, we spent 2 hours in there and there was plenty to see.

Starbear Sun 16-Aug-09 09:02:07

DH & DS went last week apparently very good Ds loved it (nearly 5) DH said it was very very busy!

faraday Mon 17-Aug-09 20:40:34

thanks!

FrazzledFairyFay Mon 17-Aug-09 20:42:37

We went two weeks or so ago. We enjoyed it, but it was very, very busy. The DCs (2 and 3) were particularly fascinated by the huge sharks

TheWorstWitch Mon 17-Aug-09 20:45:06

If you're talking about the one by the London Eye ...
Took DD and her friend there for her 2nd birthday and they loved running around and looking at all teh fish.

'Twas pricey, but a good day out, especially when combined with everything on the south bank.

faraday Tue 18-Aug-09 11:42:26

My DSs are 8 and 10- are they 'too old' for it??

We used to take them to an aquarium/oceanarium in Queensland where you did the perspex tunnel walk-thru the shark tank which they liked! But they found the aquarium at Portsmouth which is a bit old and dated a bit tame.

TheWorstWitch Tue 18-Aug-09 17:14:13

No, because I think they'll love the sharks, despite it not being an exciting tunnel walk-thru.

It's also quite educational

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now