Talk

Advanced search

What to do near Uttoxeter???

(5 Posts)
headless Mon 10-Aug-09 15:06:23

We're off to visit my parents this weekend, and they have moved to Uttoxeter, E.Staffs. What is there to do there within an hours drive (but pref closer) for a 2 year old? Have a new baby too, which will just get lumped about, and would appreciate any ideas. We're hoping to get free passes to Alton Towers one day, but not sure about the rest of the time. Thanks in advance.

MrsJamesMartin Mon 10-Aug-09 21:50:54

Theres a soft play centre in Uttoxeter called Big Top.

Shuborough Hall which has a farm too is about 15-20 mins away.

Gulliver's Kingdom at Matlock is aimed at children up to about 12 so may be an idea. That would be about an hour or so drive.

Waterworld at Stoke has an area for younger children but may be very busy in the holidays.

MrsJamesMartin Mon 10-Aug-09 21:51:42

Shugborough Hall I mean!

headless Tue 11-Aug-09 19:55:31

Brilliant, thanks for that, Shugborough looks just the job. Didn't think I'd get any responses - mumsnet is ace!

StillOverHere Tue 18-Aug-09 01:28:37

Just returned from visit to England to in-laws, also in Uttoxeter. I'll second Shugborough - take a picnic though as the food is horrible and expensive. We also did the high ropes course at Trentham Gardens, which was fab but obviously not for a 2 year old. There is however lots of other stuff at Trentham including a monkey enclosure. Also, Emma Bridgewater Pottery in Stoke has a paint your own pottery place - again with a 2 year old probably minutes of fun rather than hours! I have also driven past Waterworld near Stoke - some sort of indoor water park I guess, never been there though! The museum of childhood at Sudbury Hall is also not that far away along the A50. Try this for other ideas. Have fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now