Talk

Advanced search

Dan y ogaf caves -National Showcaves of Wales

(4 Posts)
booksbooksbooks Sun 09-Aug-09 20:34:56

Hi
has anyone been here and got any views on whether it was worth the money? we thought we might pop in on our way to a holiday cottage but I've just looked at the website and it's £46 (2adults, 3 children, 8,6,3).
Seems quite a lot for an hour or so. Or is it worth getting up earlier and getting there in time to spend half a day there, but leaving in time to get down to the cottage.

thanks for any opinions - good or bad.

abgirl Mon 10-Aug-09 10:59:39

We went last year with younger children and enjoyed it, not sure you could do it all in an hour though. There are 3 sets of caves and a kind of dinosaur park plus a cafe. We had some vouchers from a tourist brochure so worth looking at them if you stop at a service station. £46 does seem quite a lot for what's there...

haz29 Fri 14-Aug-09 10:01:06

hi! went there yesterday and really wouldn't recommend it. don't want to sound too negative, 2 of the caves were nice but it is ridiculousely expensive for what's there! saying that though the shire horse centre was closed ( not that we got a reduction in the entrance fee mind you!). my ds5 enjoyed but it's just the money thing ...i have spoken to people who enjoyed there which is why i went - i'm just assuming now that the shire horse centre is really good and we just chose the wrong day to go!!!

kslatts Sun 16-Aug-09 08:55:02

I think it's worth it because it's quite a unique attraction, £46 is quite expensive, but both my dd's really enjoyed it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now