Talk

Advanced search

Isle of white

(5 Posts)
lisad123 Thu 06-Aug-09 23:36:24

Right Im leaving DH at home for a week (unless he goes downhill again) and going away with my DDs and parents to Isle of white. I have never been before and weather looks good
Any places good to visit. I have a 6 year old and nearly 2 year old.
TIA

lisad123 Fri 07-Aug-09 19:03:53

bumpy

positiveattitudeonly Fri 07-Aug-09 20:45:05

Hi there,

Robin Hill is a good day out for kids and I think you can go back for free another time in the week. Blackgang chine is good too. They are the two children's parks here. The flamingo park in Seaview is good, too. For free days there's Ventnor Botanical gardens with a really good play area and loads of space to run around and get worn out! (the dc's I hope, not you! hmm)

Where are you staying? If you wanted anything in particular, just post back and I will try to think for you. (ie: family friendly eating places, free days, walks, beach etc.)
Hope the weather stays good. Feeling very pink faced today from being outside, long may it continue! Have a good break. grin

lisad123 Sun 09-Aug-09 20:39:52

Right am here now, after a 5 and half hours of driving!!
any ideas MN?

We are in sanddown, I dont want to travel too far
tia

lizzy77 Thu 13-Aug-09 14:04:32

See here for a few ideas womenrepublic.co.uk/travel/wight/ But you can't go wrong with a trip on the Stream Railway and then an afternoon of fun on the beach. The zoo is alright but don't expect too much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now