Talk

Advanced search

Newcastle - breakfast with 3 and 5 yr old boys

(4 Posts)
ThingOne Sat 01-Aug-09 17:42:38

I want to take the boys to Discovery and Seven Stories but will be getting to central station at 8.39am. Activities don't open until ten. No pushchair, which seemed a good idea when we were packing.

What do you recommend we do for the spare hour (after watching trains)?

We can go on the metro for a bit but that can't really fill an hour.

They both quite like a good second breakfast so somewhere with croissants and comfy chairs, or beans on toast would go down well.

oxocube Sat 01-Aug-09 18:11:13

Hi, I used to live in Newcastle many years ago (am a genuine Geordie, born in the city itself!!) but everything has changed so much since I was there. I visit my family but don't need to go to cafes so am not much use to you on the breakfast front. However, I googled and found this website www.livenewcastle.co.uk
which has a few recommendations if you click on cafes. I remember Blakes - nice for sandwiches for lunch but busy. No idea about breakfast. The Settle Down Cafe sounds nice and they do breakfasts according to the website.

Have a great time. Are you planning to move there or are you just visiting?

BigGobMum Sat 01-Aug-09 18:26:30

I would recommend Kaffeccinos - its just about 2 minutes walk from the central station and has comfy chairs and does breakfast. Unpretentious and nice.

ThingOne Mon 03-Aug-09 16:57:54

Thanks for those ideas. Kaffeccinos and Settle Down did jump out at the google search, so glad to see you agree.

Oxo - I come from the NE but never went back after graduating. We're on our annual long trip. My DH works at an office in Newcastle while I get to play with the boys and show them off to all and sundry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now