Talk

Advanced search

What can we do in Tiverton and beyond - maybe in the rain...

(7 Posts)
OmicronPersei8 Fri 31-Jul-09 09:49:33

Hi, we're off to stay in Tiverton for a week tomorrow. DD is 3, DS is 16 months. I'm a little worried it is going to rain, rain, rain, but we're going away with MIL and SIL (who are both lovely) so lots of help with the kids. What fun things are there to do in the area? No more than an hour's drive away, less if possible?

TIA

1dilemma Fri 31-Jul-09 10:07:36

oh I have a similar on Barnstaple in UK holidays I shall keep an eye on this one because they are pretty close

OmicronPersei8 Fri 31-Jul-09 10:27:16

bump

OmicronPersei8 Fri 31-Jul-09 11:05:16

Anyone?

1dilemma Fri 31-Jul-09 11:46:31

check out the Barnstaple one in UK there are some good ideas

(although when I saw your post I thought 'yeah why didn't I post in days out?')

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 31-Jul-09 11:53:02

Diggerland in Cullompton

Cullompton is the next junction down on the M5 (Tiverton just off Junction 27), so about half an hours drive tops.

It's great fun, everyone has a go on diggers, when I went with dd me and my mum had more fun than she did!

Also, Exmoor Zoo is about an hour away up the North Devon link road. That is a really good day out. www.exmoorzoo.co.uk

If you go down to the other side of Exeter as well, there is Crealy Park www.crealy.co.uk, it will take about an hour to get there as well.

OmicronPersei8 Fri 31-Jul-09 14:50:59

Thanks 1dilema, I've had a look and you seemed to get all the replies!

GetOrfMoiLand thank you too - I think DD would absolutely love that. For some reason the street we live on in London often has diggers driving down it and she always gets so excited.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now