Talk

Advanced search

Eating Out in Cheshire

(15 Posts)
Marylouburns Wed 29-Jul-09 15:01:46

Can anyone reccomend anywhere in Cheshire or Greater Manchester that is good to go for lunch both for adults and kids.

I feel I'm going to the same places all the time.

MerlinsBeard Wed 29-Jul-09 15:05:32

Cheshire and greater manchester are HUGE can you narrow the area down a bit!!

Marylouburns Wed 29-Jul-09 18:18:30

Well Wilmslow and around that area.

vjg13 Thu 30-Jul-09 09:57:57

Wilmslow chains include Pizza Express and GBK which are ok. Felicinis which is always rubbish IMO. Trying to think of others...

MerlinsBeard Thu 30-Jul-09 13:35:07

There is the rectory gardens near the leisure centre-haven't been but only heard good things.

Just thought if a fab place but it's in Disley so bit far and the name of it has escaped me. It's opposite the train station and is a pizzeria type place (not a chain) where the children can make their own pizzas in the kitchen and they get discounted meals.

bottletopbill Thu 30-Jul-09 23:04:53

oh yes a place called The Grosvensor Arms at Farndon near Chester - we found it whilst staying at Carden PArk Hotel. Great food an great garden

wingandprayer Thu 30-Jul-09 23:13:04

What sort of food are you after ? Is it relaxed family meal or special occasion?

Sorry bottletop Grosvenor Arms is Aldford near Chester and is OK but is nowhere near Wilmslow.

Judd Thu 30-Jul-09 23:19:32

Is Bramhall near enough? Lots of nice places to eat there - all sort of main course £10 ish so depends on your budget. There is Ego, Napa, Piccolinos (Ego and Napa have children's menus). Cheadle Hulme has John Millington which is a nice wine bar/pub and allows children and the Olive Press.
All very nice food, IMO.

Judd Thu 30-Jul-09 23:22:58

Just thought of another - Romulus in Bramhall is a small Italian restaurant, very friendly and informal and cheaper than all the others! Children welcome !

jambutty Thu 30-Jul-09 23:33:03

The Grosvenor Farndon mentioned by BottletopBill is part of a chain, IIRC, which includes the Old Harker's in Chester and the Dysart Arms in Tarporley. I don't think they're particularly child-friendly, but that is just my opinion. They do Q.nice gastropub food.
Olive Tree does Pizza making (think there's one in Manchester city centre?), and there's a Giraffe in Manchester.

jambutty Thu 30-Jul-09 23:33:28

Olive Press sorry.

serinBrightside Thu 30-Jul-09 23:45:46

Moneysavingexpert.com usually has 2 for 1 offers at Giraffe/GBK/Pizza express etc.

Clayhead Sun 02-Aug-09 19:31:26

Greens in Didsbury.

dcgc Sun 02-Aug-09 19:45:14

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, there's a lovely pub in a little village called Bunbury, called the Dysart. Food's great and reasonably priced and is family friendly.

cheekychopsmum Wed 05-Aug-09 11:48:57

I can never find any with beer gardens/swings in the south manchester/trafford area. Any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now