Talk

Advanced search

London mums, tell me about Corams Fields..

(6 Posts)
Wonderstuff Tue 28-Jul-09 18:12:37

Meeting a friend there next week, neither of us have been before, but it seems like a central location. We are both from outside London.
Is there a cafe there? If not is there anywhere nearby? How long will it keep dc's entertained if the weather is nice? They are 12 and 20 months old.

Any ideas about other things to do nearby.

Thanks

Wonderstuff Tue 28-Jul-09 19:21:58

bump

shubiedoo Tue 28-Jul-09 19:28:42

Ooh I want to know too, we're going to London this weekend! Have two dses 6 and 2, and dd is 5 months.

dinkystinky Tue 28-Jul-09 19:31:46

Hi - there is a cafe there which is sort of sheltered (Kipferl cae) - is in the far right hand corner as you go through the gates. The cakes are nice there but be warned the pigeons abound round there (last time I was there a pigeon landed in my potato salad - yuck - though the nice people in the cafe replaced it for free). There is loads there - paddling pool in the afternoons, several different playground areas, animals, sheep grazing on the grass - will probably keep them entertained for hours if you want it to. They often have stuff on during the school holidays also. If the weather is rubbish, its right next to the Brunswick Centre which has a Giraffe (v kiddy friendly - they provide them with crayons and balloons to keep them entertained) and a Carluccios and lots of nice shops including a brilliant kitchen shop called Hob. You're not far from the British Museum there also if the weather turns against you.

Enjoy.

Wonderstuff Tue 28-Jul-09 19:50:36

Thank you dinky
Soo excited grin

pasturesnew Tue 28-Jul-09 19:56:40

also Foundling Museum nearby www.foundlingmuseum.org.uk/ which is very moving, 12 year old might find it interesting and they will be nice to 20m old

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now