Talk

Advanced search

WARWICKSHIRE: Baddesley Clinton anyone been?

(5 Posts)
leenasmom Thu 23-Jul-09 09:22:39

The day outing has been organised by the PTA to Baddesley Clinton ...anyone been?...will be taking 6,7 15,16 yr old would they enjoy it?

Cakesandale Thu 23-Jul-09 09:25:35

Hiya

I have been there, brought up nearby. It is a lovely old moated manor house with priestholes and all sorts of great things. Not sure about all the attendees of course, but my then-five year old was really interested. Better if it is a sunny day as the gardens are lovely too, but obviously you can't book that.

I'd go for it, definitely. And if they can stretch to a bit of spending money, there is a nice shop, and a lovely cafe too.

HTH

leenasmom Thu 23-Jul-09 09:39:14

Thanks cakes. I was unsure of the teens my dc I hope would find it interesting as they are at that age where they are learning the 'past' at school so would be fascinated with the moat and all. The have recently had school trips to the Warwick Castle... how is PAckwood house as I think we will be going to both as get a discount price I think?

Cakesandale Thu 23-Jul-09 10:17:22

Packwood is good also, and so nearby that you can definitely do two in a day. For my money not as good as it is a bit more genteel and fewer gruesome stories to keep kids amused. At Baddesley there are tales of murder and thwarted love galore, Packwood has a very sad tale of an heir who died in WW1 but is a bit more sedate generally.

Teens are a bit of a mystery to me as I only have a six year old.

neither has nearly as much going on as Warwick, obviously, but the cafe should be a refuge for teens, as they can sit and eat and drink if things are not to their liking. I would have liked both when I was a teenager, but I have always been a bit of a swot.

cazzybabs Thu 23-Jul-09 18:51:07

we have just been and it is lovely...there were teens there - talking about priest holes etc...lots of grounds too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now