Talk

Advanced search

Anyone booked a "driving experience"? Did you/ your DH liked it?

(19 Posts)
tostaky Wed 22-Jul-09 17:07:19

Where you can drive an aston martin or a ferrari?
Im thinking about it for DP's birthday but 4 laps @ £100 is quite a lot..

ButterbeerAndLemon Wed 22-Jul-09 17:58:37

I sent DH on a Lotus Driver Training Day a couple of years ago, which he very much enjoyed. There's a good description of what it entails from a blogger here.

DuchessOfAvon Wed 22-Jul-09 18:05:15

I got one through Track Days - it was driving four classic cars at Mallory Park. He loved it. It was pricey though - MIL and I clubbed together for his 40th.

cthea Wed 22-Jul-09 18:17:57

DH loved this (Mercedes). Pricey but good fun.

LynetteScavo Wed 22-Jul-09 18:25:06

DH booked his own...can't remember what he did, but obviously he enjoyed it. I think he spent jsut over £100.

MaybeAfterBreakfast Wed 22-Jul-09 19:51:28

Dh did this one at Bedford Aerodrome and loved it! No Aston Martins or Ferraris though, and cost a lot more than £100 I think.

Sam100 Wed 22-Jul-09 19:52:58

DH did a rally driving experience (few hours) can't remember where but somewhere in Oxfordshire. He loved it but is a bit car mad.

CMOTdibbler Wed 22-Jul-09 20:01:54

DH bought BIL a classic car driving experience at a track, and he loved it.

tostaky Thu 23-Jul-09 07:39:57

ok - thank you - i'll book it then!

girlsyearapart Thu 23-Jul-09 07:45:13

friend booked her dh a driving experience which he liked but said not to book through red letter days as you get better deals going directly through th place where the track is.

plusonemore Thu 23-Jul-09 07:47:41

i did this for DH, he did enjoy but it wasnt what we expected- loads of people- like hundreds- and there was quite a push once there to buy a drive in another car/dvd of drive. was fairly short really for the money...

tostaky Thu 23-Jul-09 08:04:29

ok thanks for that - very useful.

PrefetParfait Thu 23-Jul-09 08:05:56

I wanted to do a tank one for DP....never got round to it though.

BikeRunSki Thu 23-Jul-09 08:25:39

I got DH a day at Silverstone for his 30th - much cheaper if you book direct with Silverstone rather than one of those people like Red Letter Days (although they went bust didn't they?). I couldn't decided whether to get him a track day or an off road day, so I got him a long day that did a bit of everything, but got all the rest of the family to chip in. from memory they did:

Track racing (solo)
Porsche racing (with drivers)
Off Road land rovering
Rally driving
Caterham skills

I'm sure there were a couple of other bits too. Good support/transport around/hot drinks for spectators.

Oh yes, and the package came with tickets to any Silverstone event apart from the British Grand Prix. We went the the Mini Grand Prix!

plusonemore Thu 23-Jul-09 08:44:07

oh, if you are anywhere near eastnot castle (ledbury, herefordshire) they do fantastic land rover experiances, not sure how much but friend did it and said it was amazing, hours and hours too

plusonemore Thu 23-Jul-09 08:44:33

oops! eastnor

tostaky Thu 23-Jul-09 11:28:36

stupid question but when it says "full driving licence" it means that DP should have all his points?
... in that case.. not possible...

ButterbeerAndLemon Thu 23-Jul-09 12:19:41

It means "not provisional and not automatic-only". If they were bothered about points they'd say "clean driving licence".

tostaky Thu 23-Jul-09 12:22:33

ah! great! Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now