Talk

Advanced search

Anyone done the open top bus tour in London?

(5 Posts)
Tinkjon Tue 21-Jul-09 09:37:11

Can you see all the major bits in one (not too long) trip, or do you have to either get on and off buses or stay on one for hours and hours to see everything? I really fancied ticking all the main sightseeing boxes with DD but without faffing about with changing buses all the time. And I'm sure she'd be bored after about 2 hours...

Picante Tue 21-Jul-09 09:38:46

It's not hours and hours, probably between 1-2 hours. And you can choose different routes. If you do hop off to stretch your legs you don't have to wait more than a few minutes for the next bus.

LouLovesAeroplaneJelly Tue 21-Jul-09 09:40:48

I've done it numerous times (all the bloody relatives want to to do every time they come). And I really like it blush. You can hop on and off all day. There are two options - bus with recorded info or a live guide who can tell you the info plus intereting facts etc (much prefer the live guide). Buses turn up regularly and the ticket is valid for 24 hours and there is a free boat trip with it as well. Definately worth the money.

Tinkjon Tue 21-Jul-09 13:34:50

So each route is 1-2 hours from start to finish, yes? (do they start and finish at the same place?) If there are different routes do I have to do all the routes to see all the main sights?

Chinwag Wed 22-Jul-09 12:34:50

Hope this helps. We are going in August, and this looks good.

www.theoriginaltour.com/tour_information/page_35.html

There also the Duck Tours, which I understand is an amphibious bus/boat, which starts on the road, and then goes onto the river.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now