Talk

Advanced search

Day out in London WITHOUT the kids!

(6 Posts)
JBS75 Fri 17-Jul-09 10:11:14

Meeting up with my best friend in London next Weds for an afternoon. Haven't really been back there since we both left to go to university 15 years ago, and ended up living 250 miles apart...so we are having an indulgent child-free day. I feel that we ought to do something vaguely cultural before we inevitably end up in the pub - any ideas???

mumblechum Fri 17-Jul-09 12:50:46

An old friend of mine meet up once a year or so and tend to go somewhere like the Courtauld Gallery (small and manageable) followed by either a nice Italian at Orso or the Tate Modern restaurant which has a nice view. Or wandering round Petticoat Lane or Camden Lock.

JBS75 Fri 17-Jul-09 20:02:27

Ooh, Tate Modern is a good idea. Haven't heard of the Courtauld Gallery, will have to look that one up.

janeite Fri 17-Jul-09 20:07:58

I'd go to a gallery and for tea and cakes somewhere lovely. I'd also be tempted to go somewhere like the Old Operating Theatre but that might just be me! Wallace Collection?

domesticslattern Fri 17-Jul-09 20:12:42

Afternoon tea somewhere swanky. Wolsley is nice for it.

DebiNewberry Fri 17-Jul-09 20:14:20

If you must do something cultural what about going to the Royal Academy, see whatever's on, then wolsley across the road (pretty much)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now