Talk

Advanced search

Anyone near Scarborough?

(9 Posts)
fruitshootsandheaves Thu 16-Jul-09 14:02:25

We are going on our hols near Scarborough for a couple of weeks this summer.
Would be really good to know which attractions / places etc are really good and must be visited and which ones are overrated / rubbish or too expensive and best avoided.
DC's are 15, 13, 12, 7
TIA

StealthPolarBear Thu 16-Jul-09 14:04:29

Well we went on the way down to York when DS was only about 18 months but he loved the sea life centre and so did we!

CarGirl Thu 16-Jul-09 14:05:55

Whitby & Robins Hood Bay are lovely.

jooseyfruit Thu 16-Jul-09 14:10:01

the harbour bar on scarborough front is amazing,fantastic ice cream and coffee.
Filey beach is better imho.
They have motorbike racing on olivers mount in scarborough but you'd have to check dates etc.
Come to York, it's great.

jooseyfruit Thu 16-Jul-09 14:15:11

whitby has the dracula connection with the abbey.
peasholme park in scarborough is lovely.
Sandsend's a good beach too.

fruitshootsandheaves Thu 16-Jul-09 21:45:23

Thank you
I will write all these suggestions down.

ABetaDad Thu 16-Jul-09 21:50:23

Yes Peasholme Park is great. Used to love the naval battle re-enactment on the lake when I was a child.

gingerdad Fri 17-Jul-09 12:24:05

Eden Camp is a great day out and not very expensive, we also had a great day at flamingoland loads to do with zoo and rides

liliputlady Sun 19-Jul-09 08:45:28

I agree Eden camp is fabulous, especially with older children. Flamingoland was hideously busy when we were there in August.

We couldn't fit in everything we wanted to, but I think there's huge national park just inland with lovely walks, cycle hire etc. Otherwise enjoy bracing walks round Scarborough's marine drive, over the cliffs on the North side and eat lots of fish and chips. Have fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now