Talk

Advanced search

What to do in Newark on friday?

(12 Posts)
BethAndHerBrood Sun 12-Jul-09 21:01:31

We shall be in newark on friday, from mid morning. Are there any must see/do things to see/do?

Thanks.

HolyGuacamole Mon 13-Jul-09 15:16:23

Bump.

BethAndHerBrood Tue 14-Jul-09 17:33:16

Doesn't anyone live in newark? Has nobody ever been??

Why doesn't anyone go?

[doesn't bode well emoticon]

LIZS Tue 14-Jul-09 17:42:59

There's a castle ruin , and a canal ....

bigchris Tue 14-Jul-09 17:48:48

it's a small market town isn't it?

bigchris Tue 14-Jul-09 17:50:49

there's a library there i think
you'd probanly be better going into Nottingham for a whole day out

LIZS Tue 14-Jul-09 18:01:59

do you ahve to stay in Newark, with transport you could go here or here or explore Sherwood forest

BethAndHerBrood Tue 14-Jul-09 20:58:03

Thanks, looked at the links, bit pricey for a "filler", but might go to sherwood forest. Let the kids tire themselves out a bit. Walk round the town, bit of tea, sorted.

Thanks all.

boat trip on the river trent?

bottletopbill Wed 15-Jul-09 22:40:32

At NEwark near the bridge across from the castle ruin is a lovely park, sandpit, slide, swings, little pirate boat, picnic area and pay and display carpark. Train station quite near so several trains going by - my ds loves it!!!

If raining also bowling alley in town area (10mins walk from castle).

Zizzi's restuarant, Pizza Express and Waitrose all 3-5 mins from park. Waitrose do lunch boxes (same as John Lewis) for around £2.95 5 items and a drink. Macdonalds down the road.

they also have a market on the main square area on a Friday

BethAndHerBrood Thu 16-Jul-09 12:16:02

Thanks for that, the park sounds lovely. And I am very happy that Pizza Express has been mentioned. Now I need to find some vouchers!!

Weather sounds as if it's going to be grim though. Shall have to dig the waterproofs out.sad

tomgribbytheatrearts Wed 28-Sep-11 14:19:48

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now