Talk

Advanced search

Glasgow recommendations

(10 Posts)
hazel1975 Tue 17-May-05 20:21:44

I am in Glasgow during Whitsun week and have most days planned except one. my family up there dont have young kids so not come up with any suggestions really for where we could go.

Will be taking 4 kids with us, an 8 year old, 6.5 year old, 5.5 year old and an almost 3 year old.

Other then the Science Centre or perhaps the Musuem of Tranaport can you recommend anywhere else?
Are these places worth going to?

Hope you can help
Hazel
xx

Aimsmum Tue 17-May-05 20:26:28

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Tue 17-May-05 20:44:02

Message withdrawn

nicky111 Tue 17-May-05 20:52:00

Also, if you go to the transport museum, Kelvingrove park is just across the road and is good for a run about on a nice day. It has a busy playpark for the little ones and a skateboard area which might interest older kids. also a duck pond and picnic benches. You can walk up to the university and over the hill to Byres Road where you can have a coffee and do some shopping (kids permitting!)

ja9 Tue 17-May-05 20:52:00

30 - 40 mins north of glasgow city centre, near stirling, there is a fab safari park. It is called Blair Drummond Safari Park. It is EXCELLENT and would definitely be worth making the trip for. They have a website if you are interested.

hazel1975 Wed 18-May-05 13:57:21

Many thanks!
I have heard of Blairdrummond although never been myself. We are doing a Monday to Friday trip so not actually there for the weekend. Am going to Oban and Tobermory on Tues/Wed (The Balamory trip has to be done!)
I did think that about the transport musueum and although the boys would probably love it I dont think the girls would share their enthusiasm.

Am staying up near Bellahouston Park in Moss Park - is this anywhere near Tollcross?

many thanks
xxx

Aimsmum Wed 18-May-05 14:18:02

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Wed 18-May-05 14:20:58

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Wed 18-May-05 14:22:11

Message withdrawn

Skribble Fri 20-May-05 22:18:37

Scotland Street School Museum (free) would appeal more to the 8 yrs and 6.5 yrs.

Peoples Palace (free)History of Glasow and its people on Glasgow Green nice cafe in a botanic garden, near to a big park with godd climbing frames and sand pits for all ages.

China Buffet King (all you can eat buffet) Sauchihall St and another location I can't remember the st. My kids love the mini pizzas, mini sausage rolls, carrots, grated chees and prawn crackers, I love the ribs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now