Talk

Advanced search

Peter Pan Treasure Hunt in Kensington Gardens - anyone ever been?

(13 Posts)
buttercreamfrosting Mon 06-Jul-09 19:52:10

Thinking about buying tickets for this but wondered if anyone had ever been and what they thought. I think it's been going for several years but have never heard about it before. Here's hoping someone has!

DesperateHousewifeToo Mon 06-Jul-09 20:01:01

Ooh, never heard of that.

We are going to the Peter Pan show there tomorrow. Looking at the weather forecast, I think we'll get wet going there and backsad

SoupDragon Mon 06-Jul-09 20:07:39

shock it's expensive!!

buttercreamfrosting Mon 06-Jul-09 20:20:46

Ooh was wondering about the show too! Don't suppose you'd mind coming back here and telling me what you thought? grin
Yes, it is expensive but I've just found you can get 25% off through the metro paper. Still pricey tho, which is why I wanted to know if anyone had been before I took the plunge and booked....

DesperateHousewifeToo Mon 06-Jul-09 20:40:21

Treasure hunt looks good and is for a great cause.

Will definitely let you know about the show. Hope that is good- was really expensive but a special treat for children as ds has just broken up and left his current school.

kiwibella Mon 06-Jul-09 22:11:17

I went to the show last week and it is delightful. It is so cleverly done too with the stage and sets. The theatre is quite intimate... I'm not sure how many it seats but it didn't feel like loads. We got the cheapest seats we could find (£22 or £24?) but I don't think it would matter where you sat because the story happens all around.

I haven't heard about the treasure hunt either... which is a shame!

kiwibella Mon 06-Jul-09 22:12:41

wow... the treasure hunt is expensive - for a charity or not. I wonder if people consider the total cost for families when they set their prices?!?!!

DesperateHousewifeToo Mon 06-Jul-09 22:18:17

kiwi is there somwhere indoors that you can eat if you buy food there?

They seem to promote a picnic area but tomorrow is supposed to be rather wet!

kiwibella Tue 07-Jul-09 09:17:18

there is a smaller tent which is under-cover... and several gazebos around the area. I don't know how good they will be if it is torrential tho!

DesperateHousewifeToo Tue 07-Jul-09 18:32:14

Didn't see your message , kiwi. Never mind, we decided to have an early lunch at home before getting the bus.

It was FAB!

We all enjoyed it - 6 children (aged 4-7) and 4 adults. The children sat entranced throughout. The staging was very creative and Tinkerbell was very naughty much to dd's amusement grin

Luckily, the rain and thunder and lightening held off until we were inside and then just started again as we got off the bus at home.

Definitely recommend it if you can get tickets. It was pretty full today.

Dd now wants to go to Angelina Ballerina in Holland Park. Luckily, ds was horrified at the idea grin

kiwibella Tue 07-Jul-09 21:04:04

wasn't Tinks naughty!! I don't remember her being so rebellious.

Maybe it is Disney making her so sweet and angelic?

kiwibella Tue 07-Jul-09 21:04:32

glad you all missed the rain DH

buttercreamfrosting Tue 07-Jul-09 21:20:28

Thanks DH for coming back and letting me know (and thanks to you too kiwi)- sounds like my three would love it, so now we're re-thinking and might go to the show instead of the treasure hunt... Better make up my mind soon tho!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now