Talk

Advanced search

Purbeck - anyone willing to share some local knowledge?

(6 Posts)
ShePeeTeePee Thu 02-Jul-09 10:13:28

We are staying near to Corfe Castle this weekend and would be grateful for any tips on nice places to visit. I remember Studland Bay from my childhood - beautiful, but very crowded even then. Do the car-parks fill up - and if so, how early? Which part of the beach should we head for?(remember being somewhat surprised when I stumbled upon the nudist beach aged 9). Anywhere else we should consider as an alternative? Oh, and perhaps most importantly, where's the best place for fish and chips?

TIA.

LadyOfWaffle Thu 02-Jul-09 10:19:19

Oh, I am going at the weekend too, intrested in all these Qs

WRT Studland I have always gone up by the chain ferry as they have ince creams/cafe there. I think alot is naturist. There is Swanage on down abit which is nice, but will probably be packed and very hard to park.

ShePeeTeePee Thu 02-Jul-09 10:54:20

bump.
Who's from Dorset?

Hello LadyofWaffle.

ShePeeTeePee Thu 02-Jul-09 20:21:44

Are you Dorset folk back from the beach yet?

saggyhairyarse Thu 02-Jul-09 23:02:33

Blue Pool

ChippyMinton Thu 02-Jul-09 23:10:29

Shh, don't tell anyone else but the best fish & chips in Swanage is Parade Fish Bar, right on the front opposite the tourist information centre. Have the seafood sampler if you want to try a bit of everything, or the fish, chips & mushy peas.

Any of the Studland beach car parks are fine, depends if you want facilities or not. If you are not National Trust members it's quite expensive to park. Swanage has a couple of big car parks a five minute walk back from the beach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now