Talk

Advanced search

Any suggestions for short break in East Anglia / Kent for 2 small boys

(6 Posts)
HappyFamilies Sat 27-Jun-09 16:51:50

....obviously me and their Dad will go too. Boys are 4 & 2.

We live in North Essex, can't travel far, don't have much money but have promised them a holiday.

Can't do Centre Parcs, butlins etc as ds2 can't go in swimming pool.

Anyone got any suggestions?

alicecrail Sat 27-Jun-09 16:55:33

Centre Parcs has lots more than just a swimming pool. Have you looked it up?

I think it's Ickworth Park that has a child friendly hotel and activities. It is in suffolk

BoffinMum Sat 27-Jun-09 16:57:37

Ickworth Park is fab, and you can get 20% off if you ask them for a Friends of Ickworth Park card ahead of time. You will need it though, because it is pricey shock.

Five Lakes Hotel in Maldon is good and has a creche. They might have some special offers.

HappyFamilies Sat 27-Jun-09 17:02:12

Thanks - I love Centre Parcs but you are really paying for the swimming and I know we would give in to temptation and let ds2 in pool which will result in emergency A&E admission and canx of grommets op (sorry to be so pessimistic but our life reads like a soap opera). will have a look at ickworth park. Actually hoping to go to Five Lakes just me and dh soon :-) as special treat from my grandad.

Heated Sat 27-Jun-09 17:04:01

clippesby norfolk near to gt yarmouth, fabulous Thrigby Hall zoo (never been so close to tigers before), norfolk broads, fritton lake etc

BoffinMum Sat 27-Jun-09 17:04:41

You can get this ear protector thing called "EarBandIt" which might help if you weaken ... I am about to order one for DS3.

EarBandIt

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now