Talk

Advanced search

Where have you been for the day from London (or near) that was very nice?

(9 Posts)
MarshaBrady Sat 20-Jun-09 10:33:46

We are in SE London, so somewhere good about 1 or 2 hours away by car, probably not north though.

So far, thinking a National Trust place or Whitstable?

I thank you.

MarshaBrady Sat 20-Jun-09 10:53:46

ok scrap Whitstable just checked the weather.

brendaAndEddie Sat 20-Jun-09 10:56:18

Hampton court?
Wrong side but hey

BecauseImWorthIt Sat 20-Jun-09 10:59:00

What about the British Wildlife Centre, down the A22 (I think), just south of the M25/Oxted?

Foxes, owls, otters, red squirrels, wild cats, badgers and deer.

The keepers do a talk every half hour or so, whilst they're feeding the animals.

There's a cafe there (fairly basic) so you can get lunch/drinks there - or you could picnic there.

MarshaBrady Sat 20-Jun-09 11:09:09

great, am googling...

Doozle Sat 20-Jun-09 11:09:35

Good thread, am also looking for ideas.

Wildlife Centre looks great.

We've been to Ditchling Beacon which is nice for walk/picnic/views.

Also not sure if you're interested in activity days but we love going to Garsons Farm in Esher where you can pick strawberries, raspberries and a whole load of other fruit and veg. DD is always amazed to see food coming out of the ground! Cheap day out and there's a playground and picnic field too.

giantcucumber Sat 20-Jun-09 11:15:23

hampton court is celebrating henry's coronation today with a flotilla up the thames, looks great

MarshaBrady Sat 20-Jun-09 11:35:46

Ok these are good, going to plump for maybe Hampton Court first.
But next weekend cos we seemed to have slowed right down in our jump up and let's drive somewhere mission.

cuppateaplease Thu 25-Jun-09 09:55:08

What type of days out are you interested in? theres loads of stuff in Kent/sussex!
Leeds castle/Hever Castle,Howletts Zoo, steam train rides, Brighton, Stock car racing
Steam railways, Groombridge enchanted forest, Castles, Roman villas, Farms

I always have loads of leaflets from tourist infomation centes as stand bys for those 'lets just go somewhere' days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now