Talk

Advanced search

How young is too young for a 'live' show (e.g. Milkshake live!)

(8 Posts)
lynniep Thu 18-Jun-09 15:59:44

I think that DS (27 months) is far too young to sit through a Milkshake live show (plus I'm reluctant to fork out the best part of £30 for a ticket for us to go) but I may be wrong.

We were at centerparcs over the weekend, and we saw the Rupert show. Its only 20 minutes long and he loved it. Consequently DH thinks he would love a treat like the Milkshake show.

He's an active little boy, but he does like TV and will stay sat in front of that for half an hour or longer, so maybe it would be ok?

I remain unconvinced though. Does anyone know how long the show is? Any opinons? Do you think I need to put this post on another thread? smile

ilovetochat Thu 18-Jun-09 16:01:16

cant help really but my dd is almost 2 and i'm waiting till next year.

Poshpaws Thu 18-Jun-09 16:09:14

DS3 is 25months and he went to see the Milkshake show with his 4yr old brother. He was fine.
However, it does depend on the child. DS1 and DS3 were fine at 2, but DS2 was really bad (had to take him out of the Noddy Show when he was just over 2 as hated the dark and kept crying). Obviously he was fine at the Milkshake show, but I did worry a bit as it was a lot of money to spend if DS2 was going to get upset again.

ihavenosecrets Thu 18-Jun-09 16:12:23

Depends on the child. I took ds to see The Fimbles when he was 23 months old, I thought that he would be too young but he was totally spellbound and sat there for almost 2 hours!

Pinkjenny Thu 18-Jun-09 16:12:50

Dd is 2.1 and recently went to Fifi Live! with dh (I was at home with my head in the toilet due to ms). She was a bit shy at first, but loved it. The only downside was that she didn't want it to end and screamed all the way home. I think it was 20 mins, interval, 20 mins.

lynniep Thu 18-Jun-09 16:35:34

hmmm...i really need to find out how long it is dont I. 20 mins + 20 minutes is fine, but I'm pretty positive theres no way he'd sit still for nearly 2 hours.

(On the other hand, forking out 30 quid for 40 minutes is too much imo!!)

ChocolateRabbit Thu 18-Jun-09 16:40:25

I took DD to the panto last Christmas aged 17 months mainly because it was a whole family expedition and free for under 18 months! Lasted 45 mins , interval, 45 mins.

I'd expected her to get bored and want to leave immediately or get wriggly but she absolutely loved it. Had a wonderful time and loved the singing and clapping so wanted to stay in all the way through.

lynniep Thu 18-Jun-09 16:44:28

you lot are slowly but surely changing my mind wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now