Talk

Advanced search

Legoland - how much money to take?

(7 Posts)
Frasersmum123 Wed 17-Jun-09 18:34:40

We are taking DS to Legoland for his birthday trip next Sunday. DS has £40 from his birthday to spend on Lego, but how much will I need for tickets and food etc. I have a BOGOF ticket offer so I only have to pay for two adults at £36 each.

Also, how good is the food, is there much choice?

Kbear Wed 17-Jun-09 18:45:42

I would take a picnic, leave it in the car and go back for it. Pay the fiver to park in the closest car park if you can, that makes it easier. Just buy a few drinks if you're trying to go on a budget.

Be prepared to queue.

When you get there, march to the back and start there and work back towards the entrance then at the end of the day you don't have to drag tired kids all the way up the hill, you'll be almost there!

FrontRowFig Wed 17-Jun-09 18:48:09

get to the show at the lake thing for oyur picnics get there 30 mins before
my boys LOVED the show

tkae a picnic and make it all disposable

scienceteacher Wed 17-Jun-09 18:51:32

We have had season tickets for several years, so have been to Legoland many times. We always ate in the restaurants, which we found to be reasonable value.

We have always paid by credit card, so no idea how much cash you would need.

kylesmybaby Wed 17-Jun-09 23:43:30

FRF - what show are you talking about? we are going this sat and never go to the shows. however, its open til l9pm so will have more time.

thanks

kylesmybaby Wed 17-Jun-09 23:43:45

meant 9pm

PortAndLemon Wed 17-Jun-09 23:51:20

We have season tickets too. I think the food is actually pretty good and reasonable value (in the restaurants, at least) so we don't bother taking a picnic. You can pay for virtually everything on a card, so I also only take a small amount of cash.

The show at the lake thing I assume is Johnny Thunder and the Aztec Queen, which is (IMO) DIRE but, like FRF's DSs, my DS loves it. So I put up with it (although have never gone so far as to get there early).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now