Talk

Advanced search

Silly question really but ... day out query .....

(7 Posts)
bodiddly Tue 16-Jun-09 14:09:25

When you go out as a family for a day out to somewhere like Legoland ... do you all go on the rides or does someone always have to stay with your bag? We are due to go to Legoland in a few weeks and I always take a bag of some description for money, tissues, etc etc. Do you take the bag on the rides with you, leave it somewhere by the entrance to the ride and risk it being pinched, or one person stay behind? We have only been to a small place before and I spent most of the rides waiting on the side while dp went on with ds. That's all well and good for the large rides I don't fancy but it would be nice to go on some as a family! I bet you are all going to say you don't carry a bag now!

Heebychick Tue 16-Jun-09 14:21:51

There is a great solution to this - carry a satchel or messenger bag, they can be worn over your body and i usually tuck it behind me when on the rides. Just make sure it's not too full and nothing breakable on there!

Don't leave it by the entrance as it will sadly be pinched - lovely country we live in.

I have lots of little satchels (sp?) as they are handy for all sorts esp when you need to keep hands free!

have fun x

CMOTdibbler Tue 16-Jun-09 14:29:09

I have a messenger bag style handbag for weekends that is fine to take on anything with me.

I am currently sporting a 3.99 one from Morrisons petrol station that I can get spare shorts, pants, t shirt (for DS), a small water bottle, my purse, phone, tissues, wipes and a small packet of biscuits in with no problems. Tis great

bodiddly Tue 16-Jun-09 14:35:35

I hadn't thought of a messenger bag ... do they really not get flung around?

bodiddly Tue 16-Jun-09 19:06:27

Heebychick Wed 17-Jun-09 08:06:38

Not if you tuck them behind you or next to you.

xx

PortAndLemon Wed 17-Jun-09 08:22:40

When we go to Legoland I have (so far) always managed to not take a bag and have stuff (keys, money, one bank/credit card, Legoland passes) in pockets instead. This also gives me ammunition to resist DS's entreaties to buy stuff, as I have nowhere to put it... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now