Talk

Advanced search

stratford upon avon - places to eat?

(14 Posts)
bea Thu 11-Jun-09 20:44:24

I am very very excited! smile Have got the day off (very very rare!)on monday, 2 dc in school, 1 dc at nursery... I will have NO children in tow!!! have decided to take my mum to startford upon avon as she's coming cleaning visiting! as a nice day out treat!

so want to make sure that we find somewhere really nice for lunch... cafe /restaurant type, nothing toooo fancy but not just a sandwich and a coffee either!

and any recommendations....? any nice little streets i should make sure we pootle down...?

oooo! can't wait... did i say that i was very very excited!? grin

Ivykaty44 Thu 11-Jun-09 20:48:27

sheep street has all the pre theatre restraunts - have a look down there cause they will be open at lunch time.

Stormfly Thu 11-Jun-09 20:56:06

My friend and I liked the Oppo restaurant in Sheep Street. Friendly place with good food, and an outside courtyard area (with magic roof in case it rains). Also, they don't play loud music whilst you eat [fussy old boot emoticon].

Ivykaty44 Thu 11-Jun-09 21:01:01

Is the oppo where they do the godiva burger?

Stormfly Thu 11-Jun-09 21:13:19

Oh I don't know, I didn't have a godiva burger. What is it? <intrigued> Can't remember what meal I had but it was very good and so was the lovely Eton Mess for pudding.

Also, forgot to say, there is a good place for lunch in the Bard's Walk arcade. I am trying hard to remember what it was called. Mrs something I think, like Mrs Fazackerly or Madam Golightly. I probably ought to know as it is probably something Shakespearian blush. It has a staircase that looks like it's made from trees but that probably isn't much help unless you want to wander round all day comparing staircases.....

Lizzylou Thu 11-Jun-09 21:16:34

My Mom lives in Stratford and she loves Vintners.
Think it's on Sheep street anyway, there is a lovely Indian Restaurant there as well.
Stormfly, have been there as well, but don't remember the name.
Just wander around, it's very compact but with lots of lovely little alleyways with nice shops.

bramblebooks Thu 11-Jun-09 21:46:19

Also love Vintners - look it up on google.

Ivykaty44 Thu 11-Jun-09 22:36:20

godiva = naked no dressings or anything else

Stormfly Fri 12-Jun-09 07:45:33

Ivykaty - oh, right, thanks! Have remembered the one in Bard's Walk with the tree staircase: it is called Mistress Quickly (very good for a light lunch). Sheep Street for a proper meal though.

CarmenSanDiego Fri 12-Jun-09 07:49:34

Ooooh, I second the Indian restaurant on Sheep Street. A quick google tells me it's called the Coconut Lagoon. Really nice Indian food and a slightly unusual menu.

bea Fri 12-Jun-09 11:00:57

Thank You All!

Am stilll very excited... i think sheep street looks like tha place to head for...! grin

Like the look of vintners and the oppo... yum yum... they must share the same website desgn company!

thank you again... now all i've got to do is summon up the courage to drive from brum to stratford... not a v. confident driver!!!! blush

Ivykaty44 Fri 12-Jun-09 15:00:35

Get the train!! You can do the train from SoA to Brum.

Use the park and ride at soA as parking is a nightmare and pricey.

Lizzylou Fri 12-Jun-09 16:32:39

Oh yes, it is a nightmare to park.
The train would be good, so you can have a few glasses of wine over lunch.
Lucky you!

bea Tue 16-Jun-09 21:52:49

just to let you all know i had the most lovely time in stratford... it was soo quiet... i've never been there when it's not school holiday time.... went to vintners and had a lovely lunch so once again ladies... thank you for all your fantastic advice...!

went on the train in the end...grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now