Talk

Advanced search

Thomasland/ Drayton Manor in the rain any point?

(4 Posts)
2anddone Thu 11-Jun-09 08:32:41

Hi is there any point visitng Thomas land in the rain, we have booked a travellodge for tomorrow night and have clubcard tickets waiting to be used but the weather here in Norfolk is awful! Firstly does anyone know what it is like around Drayton Manor and secondly if we do risk it and come is there much to do with ds 3 and dd 1 in the rain? TIA

daftbat Thu 11-Jun-09 22:50:08

Hi, We live nearby and, whilst the whether has been lovely today and is forcast to be great tomorrow, Saturday looks to be awful sad.

Having said that, I have three DDs and we've recently had a lovely day out there in the rain. We only took DDs 1 and 2 (9 and 3) but it would probably have been easier with the two littlies (3 and 1).

There's lots to do, but in THomasland itself, there is not much cver for when it rains. We just wore macks and grinned and it was really ok. We went on some of the bigger rides (bigwheel, shoot em up thingy etc) which were in the main park, but under shelter.

If you can cancel the travel lodge and keep the tickets for another day you may have an easier time (albeit more crowded). But if things are none refundable, I'd give it a bash - my girls loved it, despite the weather

Good luck with whatever you decide.smile

BananaFruitBat Thu 11-Jun-09 22:54:39

Went twice last year with DS (then just turned 4).

First time it p*ssed down. He loved it.

Second time it was really hot. He loved it.

Met Office forecast for Saturday is 'Cloudy, with a few showers'.

2anddone Sun 14-Jun-09 22:02:13

Thanks we risked it and had a great time!! The weather was lovely and I have never seen ds so excited as when we pulled into car park and he saw Cranky Crane and heard Thomas peep!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now