Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby Show at the NEC 13th - 15th May

(15 Posts)
hotmama Tue 10-May-05 09:48:50

Anyone going this year? I went last year when pregnant with dd and am now going with a 7 month old.

Looking for bargains, advice and freebies - was really good last year.

Annabel Karmel is there for all 3 days and Jo Frost "Supernanny" is there on Friday - which is the day I am going. Miriam Stoppard was there last year.

Really good for looking at new products etc.

Recommend it especially if you are pregnant for the first time as you can compare products and prices etc.

hotmama Tue 10-May-05 10:44:02

Anybody going?

hamster Tue 10-May-05 11:11:31

Hi hotmama, I tried starting a thread a couple of weeks ago about the baby show @ the NEC, and hardly anyone seemed interested

Still, I am going! I am dragging along my other half, sister inlaw and her man...hehe, we are going on Friday too.

I went last year when I was pg with ds(now 9months old) and this time am pg again lol. Perhaps this time the amount of money we spend will put me off anymore babies!
Having said that we did get lots of bargains, and it's always good to get a few freebies!

The only thing that put me off was the lack of food and drink etc....didn't really cater for my huge pregnancy appetite, I ended up breaking into a packet of free rusks!!

hotmama Tue 10-May-05 11:17:41

Hamster - think I may take snacks as well for me and dp. Looking forward to checking out the free Babylicious stuff for dd.

Shall we wear carnations in our lapels?

hamster Tue 10-May-05 11:28:02

lol, yeah I like that idea! we should make it mandatory for all mumsnetters to wear a flower of some sort!

Last year I was a bit naughty. I was queueing a few times at the pampers and huggies stands etc for freebies. I thought I may as well get my money's worth!

I do hope there are a few more things there this time though, I could spend forever looking at baby things!

I think we'll take lunches this time too...I'm not starving again...not for anything!

sweetheart Tue 10-May-05 11:33:40

I have been thinking of going to this but I'm not sure as I have the following problem:-

The NEC show is too early really - I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant but I lost a baby at 16 weeks in Jan so I don't want to tempt fate by going along (I know I won't be able to resist buying stuff)

I was thinking of going to the London show but it's at the end of October and my baby is due at the beginning of Dec.

I was hoping to get some bargains on furniture and other stuff but will this be too late to order large items like furniture, buggies etc etc etc

My SIL went last year and said it was fantastic!!
Any advice - do you really get good bargains there????????

fuzzywuzzy Tue 10-May-05 11:36:17

I didn't go last year but the previous year, and it was great fun. If you go on the last day there are loads of bargains available and you get lots of samples and freebies.
BTW Congratulations Sweetheart hope you have a happy healthy pregnancy.

hamster Tue 10-May-05 11:52:00

Hey Sweetheart, I'm sure things will go fine this time round. I know how you feel, the same happened to me 2 years ago. I now have a wonderful little boy that I'm sooooo grateful to have! My thoughts are with you over the next 30 weeks! Are you on the 'due in nov' thread then? It'd be good to see how you're doing from time to time.

Anyway, you definitely do get some really good bargains there. A lot cheaper than retail prices esp the bigger brands that are there. You should go, you could always just order stuff.

hotmama Tue 10-May-05 12:00:02

Thinking of you sweetheart, hopefully all goes well.

I used last year's show as a fact finding mission so to speak! I couldn't make up my mind about which buggy/nursery furniture etc to have and it was really helpful to have a look at things in the flesh IYSWIM.

I didn't actually buy all that much but got lots of info which was really helpful. I didn't want to tempt fate as I know of 2 late losses and I didn't start buying in earnest until 6 months.

If you are feeling up to it, I'd go as it is great fun.

hotmama Thu 12-May-05 09:15:21

In case you missed this thread - the Baby Show starts tomorrow.

I'll be there with my carnation in my lapel waiting by the Pampers stand - seeing if I can spot fellow mumsnetters.

hotmama Thu 12-May-05 11:04:36

Bump for info.

Twiga Thu 12-May-05 11:34:44

Would recommend the Baby show, went to the one in Glasgow in March with my Mum and had a great time. Here's a link to their website for info re: traders etc baby show

hub2dee Thu 12-May-05 12:51:34

Was contemplating... but am in London, so might be lazy and just way for the show here, even if it's after beanette makes an appearance...

dizzymama Fri 13-May-05 22:12:50

Been today,for anyone going tomorrow it is very good but hugely busy and your ankles get extremely bruised from all the pushchairs running into you! Massive queues for the Pampers changing area but the whole event is well worth it. Got a great deal on a 6 square ft playmat (spongey interlockable affair) for £15. Enjoy

hub2dee Sat 14-May-05 09:05:34

Thanks for the 'show report'... anyone else ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now