Talk

Advanced search

Science museum and Natural History museum

(6 Posts)
stressed2007 Sat 06-Jun-09 14:46:32

Hi. We are thinking we may go tomorrow - have 3 year old and 18 month old (who loves climbing!). Has anyone got any suggestions if we go for any must sees - I have not been before. Also any good ideas of where to eat? Thanks very much

Wags Sat 06-Jun-09 14:48:58

I would probably only do Science Museum. Save Natural History for another day. There is so much to do at the Science for all ages but I think trying to cram both in would be too much.

MrsMattie Sat 06-Jun-09 14:49:53

I agree. One or the other. The science museum has some great hands on stuff. It can be a bit of bunfight on weekends, but probably more fun for your DC's age group.

stressed2007 Sat 06-Jun-09 14:50:58

ok - any particular exhibits there?

wobbegong Sat 06-Jun-09 15:42:33

Science Museum, on arrival, ask for directions to "The Garden" in the basement. Exciting water feature and blocks etc. to play with, aimed at just this play group- they can run around madly and, yes, climb! Take spare clothes as they will get soaking.

the garden

If it is raining you can have your picnic there too- plenty of space for it. I wouldn't advise you buy the expensive crappy museum food tbh.

Space bit is normally fun, there are also some ace aeroplanes upstairs if your three year old is into that sort of thing.

Your little ones probably a bit small for this, but just in case...

space tours tomorrow

Natural History Museum has walk through butterly thingy outside but you'll have to pay.

stressed2007 Sat 06-Jun-09 15:43:48

lovely thanks and many thanks about the hint of spare change of clothes - a winner there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now