Talk

Advanced search

Legoland on a showery day?!

(6 Posts)
TaleofTwoCities Fri 05-Jun-09 13:39:32

Hello

We were planning to go to Legoland tomorrow for ds's 5th birthday treat. The forcast is heavy showers - should we postpone it or not?! Could be less queues I suppose! But is it hell on a showery day?!!

MaryBS Fri 05-Jun-09 14:09:37

Depending on how wet it is, many of the rides stop working. Its not the best place to find shelter either, unless you happen to be near a shop when it rains. It depends on how much rain there is likely to be. If its short sharp showers, go for it, if its likely to be hours at a time, I'd give it a miss.

themoon Fri 05-Jun-09 14:10:52

I took DS in the rain. it was awful.

Mercedes Fri 05-Jun-09 23:19:37

We went over Easter and it was showery and then heavy rain at the end. yes we got wet but... it was less crowded than usual and we eailty got on the rides we wanted to.

Outside the wet rides are giant dryers which are fab but you need i think £2. Make sure you have some handy and you'll be fine.

Take spare socks and knickers and change at the end or when the socks are too wet.

Best thing we did when the rain got heavy was go back on the wet rides again - we walked straight on as everyone dashed for cover. the kids loved it as we were all wet and loved the fact that we got even wetter.

Go for it.

lizzy77 Tue 09-Jun-09 20:00:00

If it's warm and wet it's okay - quite fun as there are no queues.

If it'c cold and wet, give it a miss.

bruffin Tue 09-Jun-09 20:07:02

We have had some lovely days there when it has been raining.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now