Talk

Advanced search

Things to do near Bournemouth, with a 5yo DS, 3yo DD & baby

(4 Posts)
zebraX Sun 08-May-05 21:33:53

We're going on holiday for next 1/2 term, first time in years, tiny 2 bed flat walking distance near the beach in Bournemouth itself. Am rather in that we have managed to get something organised, in fact.

Besides the beach... what else is good to do near Bournemouth? We have a car. Am thinking a walk in New Forest... and? What else could we do besides beach? We are outdoorsy people but don't want to have carry the 3yo too far.

Many TIA.

Surfermum Sun 08-May-05 21:43:38

Well if it were me, the beach would be enough!! Farmer Palmers is great and for up to 8 year olds. DD is 23m, loves it there and has a season ticket. Moors Valley and Alice in Wonderland are good. The New Forest is lovely for picnics and walks. Upton Country Park is a haunt of ours for picnics with the under 2's group. By the pier there's a Wacky Warehouse if it's wet. Oh and the Oceanarium. There's a land train that goes along the prom. An open top bus that goes to Sandbanks or the other way to Hengistbury Head. At Hengistbury Head there are walks and a little train. Poole Park has ducks, Gus Gorillas soft play, cafe, swings etc and .... a train. Chain ferry across to the Purbecks, Swanage (steam train if ds is a Thomas fan), Corfe Castle.

You'll love it!

SPARKLER1 Sun 08-May-05 21:48:02

zebrax - Surfermum has said it all I think. We are really lucky living here although take it for granted sometimes. Another good place to go on a wet day is Serendipity Sams in Christchurch. Have a great time.

fernyburn Sun 29-May-05 21:15:42

Hi surfersmum
I live in poole as well - what is the under 2s club you mentioned ??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now