Talk

Advanced search

Brands Hatch - this Saturday and Sunday - 2 and 3 yr old - what do I do?!

(12 Posts)
WriggleJiggle Wed 27-May-09 23:20:16

DH will be at the London Golf Club for the European Tour this Saturday and Sunday.

I'm thinking of spending the day around that area. What can you recommend?
Thanks!

blametheparents Thu 28-May-09 17:10:12

Brands Hatch is only about 3 miles from where I live.
Do you wnat something to do for the whole day? Or just a quick outing?
Not far from Ightham Mote which is a national trust property.
Also there is a small farm not too far away called Nepicar Farm, it is in West Malling. You can feed to sheep and there is a small play area. My kids love it there, but tbh I can never work out why cos it doesn't seem that great to me!
Trossley Country Park not too far away either, but I don't think that will sustain you for long with the age of your DC. Kids probably need to be older for all the walking.
If you just want a regular type park hten Swanley Park is probably your best bet. It has a miniature railway to tke you from the car park to the play areas which is very cheap and then there is a general play area, coffee shop, sand pit, feed the ducks. It is about a 20min drive from Brands hatch.
HTH - Let me know if you want any other info

WriggleJiggle Fri 29-May-09 19:48:28

Swanley Park sounds lovely. Though if there are trains, I may never get dd1 home again grin. Am just about to google Nepicar Farm and see what that looks like.

I think the plan is for us all to go and watch the golf (for as long as the dc can manage without all the golfers getting upset), then for dh to continue watching the golf, and myself and dc to go and 'do' something.

WriggleJiggle Fri 29-May-09 19:59:01

Wow, the Swanley Park website looks fantastic!

stillenacht Fri 29-May-09 20:03:26

ooo if its a lovely day go to the ford at Eynsford- its great for a paddle (often spend 2 to 3 hours there) smile. Swanley park is good too - we go there a lot smile

blametheparents Fri 29-May-09 20:05:33

If your lo likes trains then Swanley Park will be great. My two love 'The Train Park', as it is known in our house.

eandh Fri 29-May-09 20:08:05

my kids liked nepicar (I wasnt impressed either) I am in Maidstone which is about 30mins away from brands hatch, there is Leeds castle which has gorgeous views and fab wooden fort play area (although may be pricy for a day trip as you buy a ticket and its valid for a year I think it was about £28 for our family ticket)

Otherwise dh said there is a eagle/bird sancutary near by (never been there but he said it looks busy when he goes past) not sure of name though so cant google although adament eagle in the name!

if all else fails there is always bluewater (although no fun for dc!!) I'll keep thinking and let you know if I think of anything else

PS dh was meant to be going to the golf on sunday with FIL but FIL had to cancel so dh not going now

stillenacht Fri 29-May-09 20:08:49

Eagle Heights which is just outside Eynsford smile

eandh Fri 29-May-09 20:10:18

eagle place!!

blametheparents Fri 29-May-09 20:17:57

I have been to Eagle Heights, but wondered if it was that good for a 3 and 2 yo? A lot of it revolves around sitting and watching the bird displays.
My 6 yo liked it (he went with the Beavers), but am not sure my 3yo would have liked it.

WriggleJiggle Fri 29-May-09 22:49:13

I've found lots of geocaches in the area as well now, so it looks like it could be a good weekend. They are having a fun day at Swanley park on the Sunday as well.

<< wonders if I'll end up there on both days grin>>

blametheparents Mon 01-Jun-09 12:36:28

How did you get on, wriggeljiggle?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now