Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Herts County Show - has anyone been in previous years?

(6 Posts)
ohdearwhatamess Tue 19-May-09 14:13:50

Is it a good idea for a morning out with a toddler and a 1yo (latter in a pushchair) or is it more trouble than it is worth? There would be only me to look after both dcs. A friend who went a few years ago (with an older child) reckoned you had to queue for hours to park and it was too crowded to be enjoyable.

I'm interested to hear the experiences of people who've been more recently and with little ones.

chuckeyegg Wed 20-May-09 19:14:26

Was hoping someone might have answered this. Bumping it up for you because I'd like to know too.

lizziemun Wed 20-May-09 20:30:50

Never been, but live near.

The road into the carpark is always at a stand still for hours, the way they have been running the carparks in the last few have been a joke and added to the traffic choas.

Oh and it always rains.

It also quite expensive £35.00 for 2 adults and 2 children for a morning.

stripeypineapple Wed 20-May-09 20:34:41

Just popping myself on this thread because I'd like to know too, was considering going.

smile

CaurnieBred Sun 07-Jun-09 23:21:05

I went this year (with DH and DD aged 4). Did take a wee while to get into the car park - we came up from Barnet and went via Hatfield/Batford then Harpenden which meant we only joined the traffic queue just outside of Redbourn. We queued about 15-20 mins for the car park (this was around 1100 hrs). The weather was lovely and we had a great day (we didn't leave till gone 5 pm). Obviously the weather was lovely which helped.

DD loved the showjumping, marching band, Cossack riding show and the pony and cart racing. We also met the hunt dogs and went to the human circus (not the best circus I have to say). We enjoyed the Muller, Waitrose and Yakult freebies. Herts tourism had a marquee with kids entertainment - including some animals from Paradise Wildlife Park - and DD loved that too. I particularly loved the food tents!

I would def go again next year.

ineedcoffee Thu 16-Jul-09 15:22:20

I really wouldn't bother - it was very expensive for what was basically a walk round a field looking at other bored parents and kids. Lots of things if you are interested in horses but not a fun family day out sadly. We won't do it again but mine are 8 and 12 and very hard to impress lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now