Talk

Advanced search

Nottingham?

(9 Posts)
BigGayDad Tue 03-May-05 23:57:39

Got a couple of days to kill in Nottingham this weekend. Any ideas for what I can do with Mrs BGD and the two dds (5 & 2)

colditz Wed 04-May-05 00:07:03

Go to twinlakes in Melton Mowbray, 20 miles south of Nottingham. Its a farm and an adventure playground, it's great. Bring a packup though, cos the food is rubbish.

colditz Wed 04-May-05 00:07:37

my 2 yo ds loved it there!

JoolsToo Wed 04-May-05 00:08:12

stay away from the forest I hear there are some weirdos who frequent it dressed in Lincoln green

Prufrock Wed 04-May-05 13:40:49

The White post farm centre is amazing - best farm we have been to. Really nice cafe, lots of animals, and a bit where you and the kids can hold baby ducks, rabbits and mice. DD still talks about it and we went a year ago - a goat ate her hair!. It's also got a show, and a huge indoor play area with a giant slide you go down in donuts. Website is here

gingerbear Wed 04-May-05 14:16:34

Sundown Adventureland nr Retford?
Sundown

BigGayDad Thu 05-May-05 00:11:37

Thanks for all the advice hopefully there is enough to keep them occupied. Thanks for the advice too Joolstoo I'll keep and eye out for the nutters.

I had one concern about the Sundown thingy. The address was Rampton. Is this part of the secure hospital branching out?!

gingerbear Thu 05-May-05 17:27:10

Only when you have been at Sundown for several hours, feels like a secure unit then

fairydust Thu 05-May-05 17:34:09

The castle is ncie in nottingham
Tales of robin hood
Caves of nottingham

these are all city centre and pretty cheap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now