Talk

Advanced search

is it going to be really busy this weekend?

(3 Posts)
sammycat Sat 30-Apr-05 18:58:19

Does anyone think it'll be horrendously busy this weekend? (bank hol and all) was going to take two kids (9 & 5) to Whipsnade but hate crowded, packed out places. Think it'll be a good idea?

starlover Sat 30-Apr-05 19:09:19

yes I think it will be HELL!
Think we're going to stay in this weekend, I only have ds who is 12 weeks though, so not too much of a prob!

catinthehat Sat 30-Apr-05 19:09:55

We drove past about 3pm and the car park had the usual large no of bank hol vehicles - but there's always bags of space left over. The zoo itself can swallow crowds, but there's always lots of different things to do if one of the displays has too many people. You can always find a quiet shady tree, or sit near the Lookout Cafe and admire the view. Might want to take a bucket and spade for the sandpit, get there a bit early, you know the sort of thing. It just has a different sort of atmosphere on Hol weekends - just as nice in my opinion. I think it would be a lot pleasanter than a lot of other attractions. Also on really hot days, there's always a nice cooling breeze.(Can you tell I like it there)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now