Talk

Advanced search

girlie lunch in Guildford

(4 Posts)
bagpussmice Mon 25-Apr-05 14:45:48

can anyone recommend somewhere good to eat lunch in Guildford. I'm meeting up with some friends next Sunday and we're looking for good food, nice atmostphere and somewhere we can linger and chat over lunch! any recommendations?
Also, we need to arrange a meeting place - are there any good coffee places we could meet. I don't know Guildford very well. tia

lou33 Mon 25-Apr-05 14:49:37

depends what sort of food you want.

there is a lovely cafe which serves nice sandwiches and homemade soups called fresh choices, which is down the alley next to boots. Wagamamas is in the same row as woolworths, and they have also opened a nandos's recently. There is an albert roux restaurant on the fifth floor of the house of fraser, also nice food, or the same store has a cafe on the first floor. There are plenty of coffee houses and eateries about.

bagpussmice Mon 25-Apr-05 15:12:44

thanks lou33.... is there a Costa Coffee or somewhere easy to find that we could meet up in when we first arrive?

lou33 Mon 25-Apr-05 15:18:51

There is a costa in the same alley as fresh choices. Think the cafe in the house of fraser is a costa now as well. Also a cafe in M&S, a starbucks opposite Next, and in the friary centre there are cafes on the ground floor, in the middle by the hmv store I think, as well as a food court on the top floor.

You will have to check their sunday hours though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now