Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone seen the Gruffalo Theatre show?

(12 Posts)
beachyhead Thu 14-Apr-05 14:03:36

Its coming near us soon and I wondered if it was any good - it is by a theatre group called Tall Stories and it says it is for 3 and upwards.....
I've got a 7 year old and I wanted to take her and some of her friends - is it too junior for her?

unicorn Thu 14-Apr-05 14:07:47

yes we saw it.. but dd was then 4 I think... she enjoyed it, and we did too.

In terms of if it's too junior, well I don't reckon it matters with children's theatre.

If she knows the story (and even if she doesn't) I'm sure she will enjoy the production,

beachyhead Thu 14-Apr-05 14:09:59

I was going to do it for her 8th birthday outing - its that or the London Eye, but I didn't want her streetwise friends getting sniffy with me for something that was too babyish....I say keep em young forever..........

maisystar Thu 14-Apr-05 14:10:58

it isn't coming to sheffield

i would sayy if she enjoys the story she will enjoy the show

unicorn Thu 14-Apr-05 14:12:23

I reckon theatre is always a good option for kids.
London Eye will be there tomorrow!!

clary Thu 14-Apr-05 14:23:39

we loved it, started us off going to kids’ theatre. IIRC children were nearly 4, nearly 2 and tiny baby (or maybe not even born!!??)
I would say a 7 yo would enjoy it too. It’s very lively and not too long (always crucial with littlies I think)

beachyhead Thu 14-Apr-05 14:32:47

Thanks I think I'll book it once she approves!!!!

desperatehousewife Thu 14-Apr-05 14:48:35

My 2.10 year old loves the book - and I was thinking of taking him to see the production - do you think he's too young?

clary Thu 14-Apr-05 21:54:55

desph, no, my dd was certainly not even 2 and she loved it. Can yr ds sit still for a reasonable period of time (eg 10-15 mins to listen to a book) if so then I think you'll find he'll be fine. Nobody minds a bit of noise and fidgeting anyway, in fact you expect it at a children's show.

cod Thu 14-Apr-05 21:56:58

Message withdrawn

beachyhead Wed 11-May-05 20:15:24

saw this on Saturday with a 4 yr old and lots of 8 year olds. Perfect for 4-6 year olds, I reckon. Very clever and only an hour worth it if coming near you......

Arabica Thu 12-May-05 12:54:19

DS loved it and we thought it was pretty good, too. Although, strangely, since seeing it, DS hasn't wanted to read the book--and it used to be his favourite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now