Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pooh stage show

(10 Posts)
missp Wed 30-Mar-05 08:17:45

OH wants to take our daughter to see the Winnie the Pooh show in Hammersmith but I think she may be too young (she's 20 months). Has anyone seen it and is it suitable for a toddler?

bobbybob Wed 30-Mar-05 08:29:42

I wouldn't(and didn't when ds was 16 months and it was in NZ), but mainly because of the cost versus the enjoyment, I would rather do something else. He would have been overexcited watching all the other kids before Pooh even came on.

Now he's 25 months and obsessed with Pooh I would consider it worth the money.

Earlybird Wed 30-Mar-05 08:35:34

Havent' been to see the Pooh show, but did have a similar outing. I took dd to see a live stage show of Clifford The Big Red Dog when she was 3. We left halfway through because she was frightened by the loud voices/music of the sound system and also didn't like the bright/flashing lights. I was disappointed that she hadn't enjoyed it more, as the tickets were quite expensive and I thought it would be a special treat. Clearly she was just too young. Your dd may react differently though....

Have you ever taken your dd to a movie in a cinema, and will she sit through it? That might be an easier (and less expensive) way to test her attention span and ability to sit. And there is a Pooh movie out at the moment....

sinclair Wed 30-Mar-05 17:24:30

Try the Lyric in W6 missp there are fab kid's shows there in their studio, very unintimidating (for them I mean!) Can't do links sorry but www.lyric.co.uk I think, children's programme. They are careful to give ages for guidance which helps too. I think they have a toddler friendly show on over Easter as it happens. Shows are around 45 minutes long and there is a nice cafe in the theatre too.

haggered Wed 30-Mar-05 17:25:51

May be abit young for that show, however the Wiggles are playing there in july and they are FANTASTIC !!!

Cadbury Wed 30-Mar-05 17:29:27

For a horrible minute there ......

Oh my sick and twisted mind. I've changed too many nappies

clary Thu 31-Mar-05 10:48:20

we go to the theatre a lot (in Nottingham university) to children’s shows which tend to be about 50 mins to an hour long. The price is good at £4 and we take all 3 children. But tbh the baby (who is nearly 2) is not that fascinated and it can be a battle to keep him quiet. We did see one fab show (on tour from the Lyric in H/smith in fact) that he was mesmerised by but that seems to have been a one-off.
We have been going for ages and took him from a baby (which was easier of course as he slept in the sling!). IIRC my then 2yo dd was a bit better than ds2 at sittign still.
My point is that I don’t mind spending £4 a head but find that some of the big name shows are a lot more than that and would be annoying if the child didn’t like it. Also they can be quite long and thus a bit much. Earlybird’s cinema suggestion or sinclair’s of the Lyric shows are both good.

clary Thu 31-Mar-05 10:49:21

don't know why I've got all those wierd bits insted of apostrophes!

clary Thu 31-Mar-05 10:56:40

don't know why I've got all those wierd bits insted of apostrophes!

amylou Sat 02-Apr-05 10:01:15

I took my 5yr to see winnie the pooh at newcastle in march.. She did enjoy it but it was expensive for what it was. I got the cheapest tickets possible at £15 each- it was only 1 and half hours and that was with a 15-20 min break so really the show wasnt long.
I think if i were you i would just take her to a small production maybe like a local pantomine or a theatre like clary said and see how it goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now