Talk

Advanced search

Cadbury World

(10 Posts)
winniewoo Mon 21-Mar-05 18:00:33

Need to know if Cadbury World is trully fab or not. Staying at CP Sherwood Forest and fancied a day out. Is it worth the trek 1.45 mins there and back again or stick to the sights at Matlock and roundabout? Two darling DS 2 and 4.

cazzybabs Mon 21-Mar-05 18:21:13

No - Haven't been for a while though.

spykid Mon 21-Mar-05 18:34:56

winniewoo, wouldn't use the word 'fab', although it is a really good way to spend a couple of hours if you live locally (I do!). I wouldn't say it was worth a journey of that length unless your ds's are particuarly choccie fiends as there is lots of free chocolate.
Also lots of queueing as I remember, might be hard on ds's if they have been sitting in car for a long time

knakered Thu 21-Apr-05 14:22:47

We thought it was absolutely sh*te...vv down market...the "show" is appalling...they pump chocolate down the kids necks (honestly we tried really hard to minimise it)...they all threw up when we got home.....

Cadbury Thu 21-Apr-05 14:25:40

just got all excited cos I thought someone had started a thread about me!

reindeer Thu 21-Apr-05 14:30:03

We went last week and really enjoyed it! It was expensive and there was lots of free chocolate but excuse me you are visiting Cadbury World! The restaurant had lots of choice and was good value. The tour was interesting and my dd's loved the boat ride at the end.
I'd recommend it for a day out if you don't take it too seriously!

wordsmith Thu 21-Apr-05 14:32:17

Well I liked it, but then I'm a chocoholic. Loads of freebies which makes the rather steep entry charge a little more palatable. Think your kids are probably a little on the young side for it tho and I certainly wouldn't interrput centerparcs to drive all the way to CW. (I live nearby so that's why I went.)

wordsmith Thu 21-Apr-05 14:32:56

Er... reindeer... what boat ride?

reindeer Thu 21-Apr-05 19:37:35

The ride at the end when you passed the cocoa beans...not exactly a boat, maybe more of a train!!

Frizbe Thu 21-Apr-05 19:40:25

definatley not worth it, instead, especially if its a nice day, go to Chatsworth House and the Adventure Playground and Farm there! bloomin fab day out, well worth the monies! You can view it online, search under Chatsworth House.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now