(8 Posts)
grumpyfrumpy Sat 12-Mar-05 08:47:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlemissbossy Sat 12-Mar-05 08:57:10

GF how old is your DS?

grumpyfrumpy Sat 12-Mar-05 10:05:31

hoxtonchick Sat 12-Mar-05 10:54:57

you could jump on a train to york (half an hour) & go to the railway museum which is right next to the station. ds loves it so much that we had to go twice on consecutive days! and it's free. but i'm sure there are lots of things to do in leeds itself.

EmilyD Sat 12-Mar-05 15:30:26

Check out here or here for some helpful suggestions

littlemissbossy Sat 12-Mar-05 17:03:32

GF, as great as Leeds is (I'm Leeds born and bred) there isn't much to do in Leeds City Centre for children TBH. You could go to the Royal Armouries, but there's not much going on during the week - they have jousting events at the weekend, that sort of thing. Would your youngest ds sit in the cinema - Robots is on at the Light which is central and there's loads of places to eat around there afterwards.
Alternatively, the idea already suggested, to jump on a train to York - 30 mins away and go to the National Railway Museum it's great for boys and walking distance from the station.

jamiesam Sun 13-Mar-05 00:05:26

National Railway Museum at York is great - my ds's aged 1 and 3 love. And it's free! There is also a cheapish model railway exhibition at the railway station itself (and station is pretty busy). Also you're close to the city centre so could pay quick visit too...

Wonder if you could otherwise get to Halifax and back. Eureka is right next to train station and sounds spot on for age of your ds's. It's not cheap (around £4.50 each) but since website warns that when it's busy they might not let you stay more than 3 hrs, must be confident at keeping you entertained. Have recently set up some attractions for 3 year olds so intend to visit soon myself...

grumpyfrumpy Sun 13-Mar-05 08:57:05

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now