Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone suggest a place with a great atmsophere to go in London to watch the U.S. election night results?

(9 Posts)
peasoup Mon 03-Nov-08 12:53:45

Is there a pub where Americans and interested by-standers are going to congregate to watch the election results on the night? Maybe a pub in Central London or Chelsea or somewhere? I'd like to be out and watch it with a crowd, especially with Americans, though I'm not American myself, and preferably a crowd of Obama supporters! (That's if I can get a babysitter)

peasoup Mon 03-Nov-08 13:29:12

Anyone?

JJ Mon 03-Nov-08 13:42:28

Democrats Abroad have this list. It's going to be late - they won't start announcing results until after states' polls close (NY's close at 9pm, I think?). So early morning hours with some stuff (exit polls, etc) coming in earlier.

bossykate Mon 03-Nov-08 13:47:43

hi peasoup. ritzy in brixton are running coverage. ok it's not a pub but there is a bar there...

peasoup Mon 03-Nov-08 14:29:47

Lots of good ones there JJ. Mite head to the LIght bar in Shoreditch as it's a free one and organised by US expats. Wonder if there'll be Americans down The Ritzy, Bossy?

peasoup Mon 03-Nov-08 15:47:47

Any other options?

SoupDragon Mon 03-Nov-08 15:48:57

Why??? [incredulous]

peasoup Mon 03-Nov-08 15:52:11

Cos it's exciting ???

peasoup Mon 03-Nov-08 17:28:14

?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: