Talk

Advanced search

Going to the Science Museum tomorrow

(8 Posts)
FeelingLucky Sat 01-Nov-08 19:57:57

Anyone know if parking is free on Sunday?

Heard there's some kind of water play in basement so will take along change of clothing.
Any other MUST DOs while we're there with 17month DD?

ladygrinningsoul Sat 01-Nov-08 20:21:40

Yes, you can park on a single yellow or single red line.

Try the Pattern Pod at the back of the groud floor as well as the basement.

iheartdusty Sat 01-Nov-08 20:23:01

more for you than DD - head for Launchpad on the 5th floor - it is packed full of great hands-on stuff. DD will like it too- there are giant bubbles, holograms, heat imaging, loads more.

lionmummy Sat 01-Nov-08 20:24:28

Don't worry too much about spare clothes as they provide sleeved aprons & the water things isn't too splashy. My DDs love running up & down the steps in the picnic area in the basement so take some food along as it seems to entertain. They are now obsessed by the fake poo in the home section that shows how a toilet works!

skramble Sun 02-Nov-08 22:33:44

You can take your own picnic and eat it on the indoor terraces, they do have a sort of takeaway counter next to the terraces which sells not too bad price lunch box things.

Must dos with a 17mth old, I would say just wear your running shoes and try and keep up grin.

skramble Sun 02-Nov-08 22:34:21

Sorry ability to read left me for a moment there blush

littleducks Sun 02-Nov-08 22:47:55

not sure if all londson schools are back to school after half term yet but when i took dd (2) in the summer holidays they werent too keen on her going inti 'the garden' water and construction bit as it is primarily 3+

littleducks Sun 02-Nov-08 22:48:38

but who cares as you already went today!!!! misread, sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now